• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Rapid reports

scpanther22

updates from OTAs.(you can look at the past reports by clicking on the month and then going to the days)

Some interesting stuff.

Another sign the Panthers will look different on offense this year. “I think getting into a new offense you’re going to see things that you haven’t seen before and you’re going to have to adapt to what you see on the field,” said FB Tony Fiammetta. “The more you see things, the better you’re going to get.”

Carolina's DT rotation remains up in the air, but look for Tank Tyler andLouis Leonard to be running with the first team once players get into padded drills this summer.

Although most observers are under the assumption Mackenzy Bernadeau will take over for Keydrick Vincent as the team's starting RG this season, several sources inside the team said not to rule out converted T Geoff Schwartz as a possible starter there

OL Geoff Schwartz hopes to win the team's starting RG spot. "I'm excited just to have an opportunity to start," he said. "I don't mind guard. It's a little different than tackle, but nothing I can't get used to." He'll battle Mackenzy Bernadeau for that spot

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/team/CAR/all_tags/20100603?tag=pageContainer;gnddsbcal2

don't forget about Duke Robinson for RG. he says he's pumped for the opportunity... but considering Bernadeau and Schwartz got actual playing time last season, I'm already penciling Robinson in as the #1 backup.

Updates from today(I hope they give Connor a real shot)

Although it was expected Dan Connor would compete for the vacant SLB spot with James Anderson, Connor said he hasn't worked at all at that spot in OTAs; he's practiced exclusively at MLB backing up Jon Beason. "I'm not in charge, so I just kind of go with," Connor said.

Rookie DE Greg Hardy is opimistic about his chance with Carolina, saying, "I feel like there is definitely a place for me to come in and play, contribute and start a couple of games. ... I feel like I should dominate at every level I'm at."

Hardy dropped to the sixth round in part because of injuries but it's motivated him because he feels as if he has something prove. "I'm a late-round draft pick and everybody has some questions," Hardy said. "But I have to come in and show them what I can do."

Archived