• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stephen Strasburg

Johnny Rockets

Does he live up to the hype?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Does he live up to the hype?

• Yes
    • Has a good career but not what it was hyped up to be.
    • No, he is the next Mark Prior
    • I hate baseball because I have the IQ of a rock. Go Panthers!

He's got electric stuff, but I wouldn't trust the stadium gun to give accurate readings, especially for Strasburg's first start. Its a pretty well-known fact that the home team plays with the gun readings in favor of their players.

He's got electric stuff, but I wouldn't trust the stadium gun to give accurate readings, especially for Strasburg's first start. Its a pretty well-known fact that the home team plays with the gun readings in favor of their players.

yeah 103 is a huge stretch, especially considering it was in the 7th inning.

however, the fact he was still even approaching triple digits that far into a game is incredible.

Now all he has to do is keep it up and keep filling the seats so the Nationals can afford to outbid the Yankees when he inevitably tests free agency.

Jesus only had to spend 3 days in hell. No way God allows Strasburg to go there for multiple years.

I edit my original statement. Blown shoulder or elbow in 3 years.

Hopefully that aint the case but his short arm throwing motion is not classic Tom Seaver technique for sure.

Can't argue his electric stuff he currently has however. Can the Nat coaches teach him a better motion?

Thanks for the heads up. I'll try to tune in.

Didn't get to see his first start. For whatever reason MLB network didn't show the game, even though it said they would. I think it was the Mets and Padres. Lame.

I was working most of the evening, but I did listen to the back to back homers on the way home from work. Don't really like the Nats, obviously, but Strasburg is really something special.

I didn't see the game, but from the stat line it appears he looked a little, and I stress a little, more human today.

5.1 innings, 2 hits, 1 earned run (a solo homer), and 5 walks. He did have 8 more strike outs though.

He played great, but he was having problems with the mound. He was really frustrated for the first few innings, always looking down at the mound and kicking the dirt/etc, and then finally they brought out the grounds keeper to fix it. He even slipped once when stepping into a throw, so that made things worse.

Towards the end in the 5th, he kept getting more frustrated and it was clear his control was off and he was worrying about the mound. Walked 2 batters(even though a couple of the ball calls were suspect and probably should have been strikes) in the 5th and gave up a hit and he was pulled. Drew Storen came in and finished the final 2 outs not giving up a run.

Cleveland is just a terrible park and today proved it. Is it that hard to maintain your damn park? No wonder no one shows up to their games.

Archived