• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

World Cup is here

Ja  Rhule

the US had NO BUSINESS to either tie or win this game but they got very lucky.... Howard and Altidore are the only two players on the US team worth the airline ticket to South Africa. The line spacing and passing was god awful but I understand that Soccer is not that big of a deal here in the US.

2 hours, 2 goals, and no winner

Now what exactly makes this game so "great"?

If you don't like it, don't watch it.

If you really watch it and learn the nuances of the game, it's a great sport. There's a reason why so much of the world is in love with it.

If you don't like it, don't watch it.

If you really watch it and learn the nuances of the game, it's a great sport. There's a reason why so much of the world is in love with it.

I gave it a try, but the overall lack of excitement just didn't do it for me. Only scoring twice in a two hour period, and only having 4 or 5 real scoring chances per team just didn't cut it for me. As far as all the little "nuances" go, that's fine for about 10 minutes or so, but if no one is threatening to score, it gets old.

Not having a winner, or simply being so content to accept the game ending in a tie that you don't even have an over time period, gives the impression that winning isn't that important to the sport... and at this level of any sport, winning should be the only thing that matters. (That's not saying that it isn't, but to casual observers that's how it appears..)

I gave it a try, but the overall lack of excitement just didn't do it for me. Only scoring twice in a two hour period, and only having 4 or 5 real scoring chances per team just didn't cut it for me. As far as all the little "nuances" go, that's fine for about 10 minutes or so, but if no one is threatening to score, it gets old.

Not having a winner, or simply being so content to accept the game ending in a tie that you don't even have an over time period, gives the impression that winning isn't that important to the sport... and at this level of any sport, winning should be the only thing that matters. (That's not saying that it isn't, but to casual observers that's how it appears..)

I do wish the US would create more.

However it is the round robin phase and both sides are probably okay with getting a point.

If the US makes it to the knockout round make sure you watch that game.

Archived