• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Official Huddle Beer Thread

CharlotteBeer.com

Three Philosophers is easily my favorite beer. I've yet to find something that tops it. Its just so damn expensive! But a high alcohol content without the burn, a rich coffee flavor with a hint of chocolate and a little spice afternote...wonderful stuff.

3 Philosophers is one of my top beers too.. however not sure what you are discribing here.. 3 Phils is a Cherry Wheat dark Belgian Ale. it is High gravity, (9.99%) but it isnt a Mocha or chocolate :)

I have so many beers that i like its hard to tell, but here goes a few

Dogfish 90min IPA, Hennipen, Franziskanner (all of them Dunkle is probably tops)

Highland Galic, London Porters Mocha stout, Spaten Optimater, Rare Vos, Duvel, eh im sure theres a few dozen more :) but thats enough for yall to try for now :)

3 Philosophers is one of my top beers too.. however not sure what you are discribing here.. 3 Phils is a Cherry Wheat dark Belgian Ale. it is High gravity, (9.99%) but it isnt a Mocha or chocolate :)

It's not uncommon for Belgian Quads to have notes of coffee or chocolate from the malts they use. Actually, Ommegang lists both in their description of Three Philosophers.

Coffee or chocolate don't have to actually be present in a beer for you to taste it. Also, the beer doesn't contain wheat.

It's not uncommon for Belgian Quads to have notes of coffee or chocolate from the malts they use. Actually, Ommegang lists both in their description of Three Philosophers.

Coffee or chocolate don't have to actually be present in a beer for you to taste it. Also, the beer doesn't contain wheat.

yes you are correct.. i was thinking about my other Ommegang favorite Hennipin (SP?) but its definately more Cherry then Chocolate or Coffee(Mocha).. its still a good beer.. but yes not a wheat.. but a Cherry Belgian

yes you are correct.. i was thinking about my other Ommegang favorite Hennipin (SP?) but its definately more Cherry then Chocolate or Coffee(Mocha).. its still a good beer.. but yes not a wheat.. but a Cherry Belgian

Hennepin is not only my favorite Ommegang beer, but my favorite saison as well. I think it's almost a perfect summer beer: refreshing, yet with so much more complexity than a standard wheat beer or light lager.

:cheers2:

I picked up a six pack of Somersault (seasonal) from New Belgium. Damn fine beer. For the Brooklyn Summer Ale lovers on here, I think that it's just as good.

I also got my hands on a growler of Capt. James Jack Pilsner from OMB. It's a very good beer, but Mecklenburger is still my favorite OMB beer.

Bought a six pack of Sisters of the Moon IPA from Mother Earth Brewing (Kinston NC). Excellent, try it if you see it. I'm looking foward to sampling their other beers.

Hidden

I usually drink anything in front of me, but when I've got the cash to piss away, I stock up on New Castle or ST.PG. I really love imported beer of all brands. One day when I come close to retiring as a long-term alcoholic..I will dedicate my final days to green beer only.

I usually drink anything in front of me, but when I've got the cash to piss away, I stock up on New Castle or ST.PG. I really love imported beer of many brands. One day when I come close to retiring as a long-term alcoholic..I will dedicate my final days to green beer only.

I usually drink anything in front of me, but when I've got the cash to piss away, I stock up on New Castle or ST.PG. I really love imported beer of many brands. One day when I come close to retiring as a long-term alcoholic..I will dedicate my final days to green beer only.

If by green beer you mean beer in green bottles, it's actually a bad thing. Green bottles allow beer to be "lightstruck" by UV light, giving it a skunked flavor. This is why I stopped buying Yuengling so many years ago before I even started drinking craft beer.

Those green bottles are all marketing.

Archived