• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Official Huddle Beer Thread

CharlotteBeer.com

I liked it and thought the smoke wasn't too overpowering -- just right for an easy-drinking lager, in my opinion. But then I love tons and tons of smoke in my beers. Anything by Aecht Schlenkerla (but especially their "Eiche") is delicious.

Yeah it's not overly smokey, but it's not subtle either, that's all I was saying. I like it quite a bit as well.

Not a huge fan of the one Rauchbier I tried. Surprisingly. I thought I would like it more. Perhaps time to try again.

I'm really big into scotch ales, and it's my go to. Especially old chub and occasional dirty bastard. I need some backwoods bastard..that poo is great but spensive.

Haven't had the Canadian BS yet. But the regular BS is probably my favorite. I like the KBS, but really hate the hype, the price and the work it takes to even get a bottle.

Not a huge fan of the one Rauchbier I tried. Surprisingly. I thought I would like it more. Perhaps time to try again.

I'm really big into scotch ales, and it's my go to. Especially old chub and occasional dirty bastard. I need some backwoods bastard..that poo is great but spensive.

Haven't had the Canadian BS yet. But the regular BS is probably my favorite. I like the KBS, but really hate the hype, the price and the work it takes to even get a bottle.

I agree that the hype on KBS is a little much; that being said, it's probably the one beer that I will drive all over town for when it comes out. I absolutely love that beer, and drink them sparingly.

Backwoods Bastard is awesome as well. Breakfast Stout isn't my favorite coffee beer, but I do enjoy it and hope to find some when it hits Charlotte in the next week or so.

Cracked open a couple of Saisons last night.

Brooklyn Sorachi Ace

Stillwater Stateside Saison

The Brooklyn was by far the better bottle but both were quite tasty. Dont know that Ill ever have 2 of them in a single night again as there was something about the way the end of the Stillwater sat on my pallet that made me want a big glass of water by the time I was done with it. I glad I had them both for comparison sake, but I wish I had swapped one of them out for the Avery Maharaja I picked up at the same time.

Yes, that Sorachi Ace is a very delicious and interesting beer. It's refermented with Champagne yeast, which I think is pretty cool.

Being as frugal as I am, I've yet to purchase a Stillwater bottle -- but I've heard they make good saisons.

I,ve been getting into High Gravity ales like Three Philosophers, and was wondering what are some other good High Gravs?

There are so many different styles of beer that are brewed to high gravity, but since you like the Three Philosophers I might recommend some Belgian quads or strong dark ales. You might try Chimay Blue or St. Bernardus Abt. 12 to start.

Imperial stouts are usually higher gravity as well, but very different from the aforementioned beers. Give those a shot and see where your tastes lie, and then go from there!

:cheers2:

This thread is so damn long I have no idea if this one has been reviewed yet.

North+Coast+Brewery+Old+Rasputin+Russian+Imperial+Stout.jpg

Lately my wife has been bringing home these beers for me.

She has hit two home runs, with the Three Floyds and now this one.

makes me wonder if she is sneakin' around on me with some guy that has great taste in beer.

If these 2 are any indication, he should come over and have a few beers with me.

I'll kick his ass later.

Mmmm sam adams octoberfest is back!!!

I'm not a big fan of Magic Hat brewery, but their Hex "Ourtoberfest" is really good. Little lighter and less bitter than other Octoberfests. Very smooth. Technically its an ale not a lager but its really good.

I'm not a big fan of Magic Hat brewery, but their Hex "Ourtoberfest" is really good. Little lighter and less bitter than other Octoberfests. Very smooth. Technically its an ale not a lager but its really good.

i don't really like it, but i'm not big on the style anyway. the rest of their current sampler is good though. Includes #9, an IPA and an Irish Red.

Archived