• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fedor....

Jbro

To Fabricio Werdum? :eek6:

(seriously?) :skep:

Werdum's Jiu Jitsu is amazing. This was Fedor's first challenge in a while, I am not overly surprised. I put $150 on him needless to say I came out way ahead.

the sad thing is that Fedor had the fight won. but he bought his own hype and didn't respect Werdum's bjj and he got caught. if he did anything except jump into his guard, Fedor wins 9 times out of 10.

Huh??? He connected once. I never knew the first person to connect won.

he rocked and dropped him. if he had taken a step back and let Werdum up instead of jumping into his guard, he would have easily put his lights out.

for all the people who talk up Fedor's "humble" personality (which is almost entirely because he's flabby and can't speak english), we just saw his ego lose him a fight.

Werdum's Jiu Jitsu is amazing. This was Fedor's first challenge in a while, I am not overly surprised. I put $150 on him needless to say I came out way ahead.

Granted on Werdum, but this is Fedor the unstoppable we're talking about here.

(or at least it was) :sosp:

He dropped him but Werdum was not rocked that bad. He would have been fine before the fight would have been stood back up if Fedor would have stepped back.

he would have recovered, sure (within the amount you can recover in 20 seconds), but another big right hand and he would be dropped.

Fedor dropped Arlovski (who beat Werdum) and Rogers in the last year, and both of them have much better chins than Werdum. if the fight stayed on their feet i would consider it basically a given that he would've KO'd Werdum.

but it doesn't matter anyways, because he didn't.

he would have recovered, sure (within the amount you can recover in 20 seconds), but another big right hand and he would be dropped.

Fedor dropped Arlovski (who beat Werdum) and Rogers in the last year, and both of them have much better chins than Werdum. if the fight stayed on their feet i would consider it basically a given that he would've KO'd Werdum.

but it doesn't matter anyways, because he didn't.

Werdum flopped. It's what he does. He has horrible stand-up, and tries to goad his opponent into following him to the mat where he is deadly. It's a big reason he is no longer in the UFC. His fights tend to be boring because he doesn't want anything to do with the standup (see Arlovski), and most of his opponents are smart enough to avoid his ground game. And since Werdum has poor takedowns, the only way he can get someone on the ground is by pulling guard or acting hurt.

As for the punch itself, it just clipped him. It wasn't solid enough to put even the worst chin down...although it was just a matter of time if Fedor wouldn't have foolishly followed him down. But Fedor has always been sloppy when following his opponent to the mat. It's just that up until last night, he was either able to power out of any trouble or kept enough distance to minimize the risk.

Archived