• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Danica Patrick or John Wes Townley?

Bobby

They're both pretty terrible, and only as high in professional motorsports as they are because of money. Danica with GoDaddy and whatever men's magazine she's in this week, and John Wes with his daddy's chicken shop as a sponsor.

I believe they've both managed to complete exactly one Nationwide race without wrecking this season, and it got John Wes pulled from the car mainly because he doesn't have an army of angry men with erect phalluses backing him up.

Average finish 2010 --

Danica 30.5 (note: Danica scored a career high 30th this week to push that up from 34.0. Only 31 cars officially finished this weekend.)

John Wes 22.3

So, which one is worse?

I'd have to say John Wes. I mean, JR Motorsports isn't a crappy outfit, they have Hendrick engines and finished 3rd last year with the donkey but Childress has a better pedigree in the series and his cars should be doing much better. Though Bowyer (who I find overrated) isn't exactly lighting it up either. It's close though, and neither holds a candle to Steven Wallace which I think says everything.

• 2 weeks later...

Nemechek isn't in it to make 43rd place money but without sponsors he can't afford a full pit crew or tires and fuel for a 500-mile race.

Joe legitimately wants to run races, but Prism Motorsports fields not one but two cars simply to start and park. It's annoying.

I'm not mad at Nemecheck himself, but at his owner, Phil Parsons, who purposely fields start and park teams. Yes, I'm sure if Nemecheck (Front Row Joe) could find a team that would hire him to run full races, he would no doubt do so.

I'm not mad at Nemecheck himself, but at his owner, Phil Parsons, who purposely fields start and park teams. Yes, I'm sure if Nemecheck (Front Row Joe) could find a team that would hire him to run full races, he would no doubt do so.

Nopaycheck.

They're both pretty terrible, and only as high in professional motorsports as they are because of money. Danica with GoDaddy and whatever men's magazine she's in this week, and John Wes with his daddy's chicken shop as a sponsor.

I believe they've both managed to complete exactly one Nationwide race without wrecking this season, and it got John Wes pulled from the car mainly because he doesn't have an army of angry men with erect phalluses backing him up.

Average finish 2010 --

Danica 30.5 (note: Danica scored a career high 30th this week to push that up from 34.0. Only 31 cars officially finished this weekend.)

John Wes 22.3

So, which one is worse?

I'd have to say John Wes. I mean, JR Motorsports isn't a crappy outfit, they have Hendrick engines and finished 3rd last year with the donkey but Childress has a better pedigree in the series and his cars should be doing much better. Though Bowyer (who I find overrated) isn't exactly lighting it up either. It's close though, and neither holds a candle to Steven Wallace which I think says everything.

Great question...

Archived