• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Paul

unicar15

Chris Paul doesn't have a choice if he gets traded or not, he's signed to a contract. He has no say in his future. And I don't know where you got the idea that he's a free agent next year, Paul is under contract through '11-'12 with a player option for '12-'13.

Sorry BF, I'm not the contract and cap genius you are. I did hear that somewhere though.

they do have collison who is gunna want to be paid. He played very very well in Paul's absence. Hell, id take either one of them. Collison is cheaper, and paul has had a few injuries the last few years. Wouldn't suprise me if he delt, i doubt he would come to charlotte though. But we do have the mj factor.

If Shinn ends up not selling the team then you can almost put it in the bag that Paul will not be a Hornet after the trade deadline. There is a reason he is trying to sell the team...he is STRAPPPPED for cash. Darren Collison is no Chris Paul but he is a good PG and if they traded Paul then his salary would be off the books and Shinn would be in a better financial situation, which is all he cares about anyways. Again...mark it down. If Shinn owns the Hornets at the trade deadline, CP3 is gone.

all ik is that everytime i watched ESPN and there was a hornets highlight, collison was putting up paul like numbers...something along the lines of 16-20 pts., 8+ assists and 3 steals. for a rookie those are great numbers. His end of season totals were 13 pts and 6 assist per game. Thats including the limited time he got while paul was still healthy. One could argue that the hornets have two starting point guards. I think hornets fans need to understand that paul prob will be traded. especially is collison continues to play at the high level he has been.

Shinn will sell the team whether it's our Louisiana guy or some assholes from Seattle, so he will not intentionally bring down the value of the franchise.

Trust me, plenty of us know about that money-whoring bastard.

i also read on ESPN last night, that Chris Paul said "I dont' want to be apart of a rebuilding team." Thats paraphrased of course via ESPN. Take it for what its worth, but NO might be in rebuilding mode after Shinn sells.

And Chris Paul really doesn't have a say in whether or not he plays for a rebuilding team. His name is on a contract that he signed to play for the New Orleans Hornets. Until he reaches free agency, the team can do whatever they damn well please with him.

And Chris Paul really doesn't have a say in whether or not he plays for a rebuilding team. His name is on a contract that he signed to play for the New Orleans Hornets. Until he reaches free agency, the team can do whatever they damn well please with him.

This may be true but we have all seen unhappy players traded. He has all kinds of tactics at his disposal including not playing through an injury (sound familiar). Continue to hold him and it becomes a PR nightmare he turns rotten and stinks like Kris Jenkins and you just gotta let him go. His backup is putting up starter numbers and has plenty of upside still left.

Archived