• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CP3 Trade? It's possible

pdandy1994

So gary inherited a company his father made into a big time ship bulding company, got it. just becuase you have money doesn't mean you know a thing about basketball...sure his sons played highschool ball, and one sons was a scrub at lsu and georgia tech...that means nothing. and the gm y'all have listed as "no.1 target" is also the no.1 target of the nets..which last time a check has another rich ass basketball fan as the owner. not saying cp3 is going anywhere, but to say your potential owner is better than mj is yet to be seen. your boy chouest is said to be worth 1.8 billion after the company his father left was split three ways...but jordans net worth was roughtly 800 million before his divorce (which dipped into his assets greatly). wouldn't it be nice to have a big ass company handed to you. lucky bastard.

Gary inherited one company, he expanded that into an empire of businesses and an estimated personal wealth into the billions.

You also seem to be late on the news, NJ already hired a GM, Billy King. We're likely to hire Kevin Pritchard and his top assistant, Tom Penn of ESPN.

Billy King isn't a slouch, and Pritchard was on their shortlist. Gary's inherited, did i mention its inherited wealth, is hard to gauge considering it is all private. He worked for his father, but his billions didn't come till his father died in 2008. One article i found online about him said he could be work 340 million or 1.8 billion based on estimates but they did say..its very difficult to estimate his worth. his worth is beside the point. but the fact he has money makes no sense in an argument he's a better owner than mj. hell, the only reason id heard of the guy was becuase i go to lsu...and information about him online is difficult to come by. we don't need to have a popularity contest..cuase jordan would win hands down. jordan's assets worldwide havea greater impact than your boy's anyway. The Jordan name is a global institution. You could argue Jordan's worth is synonymous with NIKE..which is worth roughly 67 billion, considering NIKE's worth doubled once Jordan's brand was developed. but then again, money makes no difference in a salary/luxary tax league. He would be great for the MLB like steinbrenner was.

You don't understand the facelift this franchise is going to take in a very short time...chances are the whole front office will be wiped out and replaced, a good bit of the roster, possible rebranding of the Hornets(name, logo, and colors), and we can get an owner who will be one of the richest in the league. He can do enough to get Chris to stay.

And let the new name/logo threads begin! haha

You don't understand the facelift this franchise is going to take in a very short time...chances are the whole front office will be wiped out and replaced, a good bit of the roster, possible rebranding of the Hornets(name, logo, and colors), and we can get an owner who will be one of the richest in the league. He can do enough to get Chris to stay.

At the end of the day, it's still New Orleans and you're still rebuilding, no matter who the owner is, no matter who is in the front office or what pretty names and colors you come up with. I doubt Paul is going to want to stay to see it through.

At the end of the day, it's still New Orleans and you're still rebuilding, no matter who the owner is, no matter who is in the front office or what pretty names and colors you come up with. I doubt Paul is going to want to stay to see it through.

Chris Paul loves New Orleans...but so would most people who had a pimp condo on the river.

Chris Paul loves New Orleans...but so would most people who had a pimp condo on the river.

Yea and they got rid of the one person he was at words with now. So if something might have happened with Paul before, (he really didn't like the direction the team was going and was actually wanting to leave if they didn't show a desire to improve the team) However, I doubt anything with him would happen now, unless he doesn't like the direction the new owner wants to go...I'd say then it would be a slim chance that they would trade him.

Archived