• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

RoF site has crashed but here is some info...

bLACKpANTHER

From OurDay

Forgive the appearing hubris of the title, but I wanted to separate my information from anything James the Aussie may have. Before I get going here I want to make it clear I'm not revealing anything....JUST YET. I'm going to open up a couple of things I heard during the latter part of this week for clarification, but I want to ask an important question and say a couple of things as prelude.

At the risk of redundancy I'm going to recap a little of what transpired this week. I feel a need to do this because there has been SO much confusion and misunderstanding on all of our parts.

When all this started (for me it was Last Friday) James and I were both very animated and excited. We decided to compare notes via email and discovered that our sources (which as far as we know do not overlap) had given us startlingly similar information. This is the first time that he and I have ever communicated away from ROF. Considering the breadth of the trades we had been told about, the very fact that there were only a couple of minor detail differences was amazing. We felt we were on to something.

One of the differences was that James' person said it would be happening by the end of the week and my people said it would be around Wed. Most of you are well aware of this, but it bears greatly on my question.

James is planning his reveal when he gets up tomorrow morning (after midnight Las Vegas time tonight) because he won't be up until the wee hours. .

As I type this it's about 7:45 pm on Friday. I am prepared to come back here between 9 & 10 (after I eat dinner) and reveal what was told to me. I must MUST MUST make it crystal clear that James got his info from different places than I and in no way should what I reveal be associated with either James or his contacts. I have valid concerns that it could cause some problems for James if either he or his people are linked to me and mine.

Here's my issue/thing:

James and everyone else - If you think it would be wiser for me to wait until I get up in the morning (I take my first meds at 8 am so it would be right around that time) so as not to mess things up I will. It's up to all of you and James. Obviously, if James asks me to wait either in this thread or via email to better protect his people it will have greater weight than what others say. My first goal - more important than ANYTHING else - is that nobody get hurt.

I intend to come back, read the thread, and then reveal what I know or wait until morning depending on what everyone says. I'm sick to my stomach that it;s come to this because like all of you I expected this to be over by now and the reveal posts would have been rendered moot. I'm at the point where I just want it all to be over. Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not an attention hog. There was a time in my life where I loved the spotlight, but that ended the last night I played drums in front of a group/crowd of people. I want this done so I can go back to my normal (such as they are) relationships with my friends here at ROF without all this peripheral noise.

Let me know what y'all think and after the jump I'll give you some of what I heard this week - mostly about what went sour on Wednesday. Thanks everyone, and once again I apologize for getting so excited and dragging everyone else along with me. It's the first and only time it will ever occur.

I do want to say one thing about my friend James. When things went wild on Wednesday James and I were still swapping updates via email. In one of his emails he volunteered to say that all of the information came from his sources - even the things that were from my people. He didn't make this offer to engage in any kind of subterfuge, he made the offer to take the heat off of me. This was after I got the threatening email in with the 2 others that merely were name-calling. James and I have never met face to face or even talked on the phone although I hope to rectify that in the coming months if all the Triad folks find a place to get together. I wanted everyone to know what James is made of. He was willing to take the heat for a total stranger if it would deflect the nastiness and potential further threats away from me. Regardless of what anyone things of James, to me he will always be a stand-up guy. James, if you didn't want that made public I apologize. It meant a lot to me and I thought others should know about just how decent a person you are. (Obviously he had no idea I was going to "announce" what he did.)

Anyway... at the risk of getting hammered again, here's what I was going to say about the deals at this point...

I got a message on Thursday that one of my people assumed would shed light on why it all died after telling me it was going to happen within an hour or so of noon on Wednesday. Apparently this was supposed to make me smack my head and go, "Oh, of COURSE!" No such luck.

The message said that once Bower was out at New Orleans (and the revealing of the team should provide a bit of the answer to most of you by itself) everything had to be re-examined. I still have no answer as to whether it was NO that wanted to re-evaluate or if it was the league itself. I may never know. As I told James and 1 other person after getting the message, I know less about the league offices than I do about what giving birth would feel like. I mentioned in another thread that the message I'd received left me with more questions than answers...

Unless the Bower decision was utterly out of the blue, wouldn't the Hornets have anticipated this and taken whatever steps are necessary to ensure the deal would still go through? Or did this mean they got cold feet? Or was Jordan putting the squeeze on them the way he did with the Raptors over the Calderon deal? I also got a message yesterday that ended with "we're still not dead... at least not yet." I didn't know whether this meant that some altered forms of the original 3rd step were being debated and juggled or if it was in serious trouble and Jordan was trying to keep it alive. Considering how I'd already gotten so many people excited once this week, I didn't want to say anything that would emotionally crush or elevate anyone all over again.

So now you know that step 3 did indeed involve the New Orleans Hornets (according to MY people) and I'll be back in a couple of hours to tell y'all the rest unless directed otherwise. I was also told (early Wed. morning) that Hollinger had found out what was happening and that he would be the person to first announce the deal, which was why I made that premature (and ultimately dead wrong) announcement telling everyone to keep an eye on him and ESPN.

I'll be back.

Archived