• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Biggest sellout group or band?

The Saltman

Can you blame them? They did the underground thing for so long it was time for them to get rich.

lol I guess. I dont remember them being underground for that long. only them talking about how underground they were and how cool their dancing was.

lol I guess. I dont remember them being underground for that long. only them talking about how underground they were and how cool their dancing was.

They were around in the early to mid 90's. They got fergie to join and then went pop.

Define sell out.

Is it a change of style? If so how do you allow for an artist to evolve? The Who couldn't have sold Happy Jack filled albums for half a century.

If as you point out with BEP they have become unoriginal. Is it because they changed or because of their success others started copying their work and the market just all sounds the same?

Artists all change. They get older, they get richer, they get happier, they achieve their dreams, hell its little wonder that their music evolves as well. I think its more naive for us to expect that raw hungry act that was full of passion and new ideas to remain that way after a decade or more in the grist mill.

Saw Eminem's newest video the other day and all I could think was "Damn Marshall, your too old and too talented to still be trying to sell this shtick".

There are still a lot of groups out today that are original with their music. they dont try to conform to the masses and be "pop" artists. They try out different styles of music and they adapt to the times with it.

when it comes to BEP their music was original, they had their own sound. nowadays they have turned that sound into a pop dance sound that now everyone is doing. Yes they made lots of money because of it to feed their families or what not. But when you go from dissing puff daddy about how he is such a phony and a sellout himself and then go ahead and do the same thats when you become a hypocrite.

I think the anti-sellout would be Pearl Jam. They got huge and still stayed as non commercial as possible, even boycotting ticketmaster for a while. Still have not heard any of their stuff on commercials.

Archived