• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Motor

twylyght

While it's no secret that the pundits have written off the Panthers for 2010, I have been optimistic about our offseason direction. I firmly believe that the casual fan could see that we have gone the way of addition by subtraction.

Having read the Browns article regarding Jake's implosion, I am still game to believe that Jake is more of a liability in this offense than not. Looking at the games he won vs lost for us in 2009 leads me to believe that we would have been 3-5 games stronger in the win column with Moore at the helm alone should he have played the entire season out.

Much has been made of the lack of film for defensive scheming on Moore accounting for his success last last year. Other's said that he was a guy playing with nothing to lose. Still others simply think that he was playing the scrubs by the end of the year. In my estimation, all of this is irrellevant. The type of play that Moore exhibited is exactly the type of play that fits our offensive style... DON'T MAKE MISTAKES. When you play simply to find the open man and let the talent around you dictate how the play will pan out, we will win more often than not.

A huge part of this equation going forward for this year will be the TE position. In the end, the WR laments will be for naught. Moore has the exact type of play necessary to use our personnel to get that 8th man out of the box and allow our OLine to dominate. The best QBs will be able to make any play out of nothing. That is where you get the Mannings, Bradys, Rivers, Favres, McNabbs and Breeses. The next tier QBs always allow your team to continue to move forward. I firmly believe that Moore can fit this category along with Rothlesberger, Rogers, Flacco, Ryan, Shaub and Palmer. Other types of QBs can both win and lose your games like Delhomme, Cutler, E Manning, Hasslebeck, Stratford, Sanchez and Campbell.

All we need is an upper-middle tier performance from Moore this year to absolutely become the shock of the league for offensive performance this year. I am betting that this will be the case.

Next is the Peppers media circus. Talent? No doubt. Athletic freak? Unquestioned. Ridiculously high ceiling? Still there after all these years. Peppers has had a respectable year with barely trying for his term. Having watched him all these years, I think he could have made a run at the best DE of all time if he had actually applied himself. Instead, we have been given the very definition of "resting on his laurels" type of performance for years now. He is beast enough to break the bank with minimal effort, but the vast majority of us are left to wonder just what might have been if he had ever exhibited the work ethic of Freeney and Beason over this time.

What he has been replaced with is a conglomeration of journeymen, upstarts, blue-chip, and "potential in the wings" type of talent. As I had hoped, Hardy continues to impress. He may very well be that guy to provide that X-factor to the D-Line to see our team from problem opponents to class contenders. I think that the collective motor that he, Beason, Williams, and Brown present could give this defensive front the aggressive bite that we will absolutely need this year.

Motor can give you a lot of things that talent cannot. It gives you the chance to still break a play no matter where it has developed on the field. It gives a club attitude that ends up breaking lesser clubs' morale at the end of games. It provides character to prevent a 1-game slide from becoming a season-ending collapse. It spits in the face of contempt while turning a blind eye to outside distractions as its expectations are always nothing less than our best. This was Sam Mills' and Mark Fields' collective cries of "keep poundin'!" This is what makes the diamond shine when in the rough. Motor will ultimately be what makes the best of the best beatable in the months to come.

Personally, I am relishing that no one is seeing what is coming. I am savoring every last bit of overlooking, doubt, and outright dismissal from the national scene. For those of us that have been paying attention, this season is going to be one to remember.

She looks like a 25yr old bad*ss with a gun and a cherry sucker in her mouth.

The thing that worries me is playing time for Hardy. We have a surplus of defensive ends. Lets assume that Brayton and Johnson are starting. Then on 3rd downs you bring in Everette Brown for Brayton. Not to mention that the team is flirting around with using Norwood as a rush end on 3rd downs as well.

Im sure if Hardy has a good preseason, he'll see the field some during the regular season, but I just worry he might not get as much PT as we want.

The thing that worries me is playing time for Hardy. We have a surplus of defensive ends. Lets assume that Brayton and Johnson are starting. Then on 3rd downs you bring in Everette Brown for Brayton. Not to mention that the team is flirting around with using Norwood as a rush end on 3rd downs as well.

Im sure if Hardy has a good preseason, he'll see the field some during the regular season, but I just worry he might not get as much PT as we want.

I'm actually hoping that the situational downs will help everyone on the line to allow us to see who will step up to the plate. The interior is far more of a wildcard right now. I would be much more comfortable with a couple of stable space-eaters for the time being. That way, the front gaps are locked down to allow the edges to be pursued and the LB corps to roam more freely.

IF Hardy does turn out to be as good as advertised, I would love to see a version of the NYG's 4 Aces they used to run under Spagnola.

Brown and Hardy as your LE and RE with Brayton and Johnson as your DT's. In this scenario you could also bring Norwood in as a LB to rush or drop to coverage. Those 5 guys could create a hell of a pass rush and with Norwood coming from any one of 3 LB spots you have mass chaos.

This worked well for the Giants when they had the personel to run it thier SB season.

We have the guys to do it and it could be fun to watch on passing downs.

A huge part of this equation going forward for this year will be the TE position. In the end, the WR laments will be for naught. Moore has the exact type of play necessary to use our personnel to get that 8th man out of the box and allow our OLine to dominate. The best QBs will be able to make any play out of nothing. That is where you get the Mannings, Bradys, Rivers, Favres, McNabbs and Breeses. The next tier QBs always allow your team to continue to move forward. I firmly believe that Moore can fit this category along with Rothlesberger, Rogers, Flacco, Ryan, Shaub and Palmer. Other types of QBs can both win and lose your games like Delhomme, Cutler, E Manning, Hasslebeck, Stratford, Sanchez and Campbell.

Way to arbitrarly rate every QB in the league based on your own misconceptions. Now you should make a top 10 list.

Archived