• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Diagnose my shoulder problem...

Darth Biscuit

Yes, I want the huddle's medical advice... :rolleyes:

It hurts... my left shoulder, since I played golf Tuesday... right in the joint. If I bend my elbow 90* and raise my arm it pops and hurts... If I bend my elbow 90* and rotate my arm from where my hand is on my chest out away from my body, it gets to about 2/3 of the way and pops.

What is my problem?

(Thank you Saltman, I know I'm old... more specific please.)

It may be the AC joint. Its the muscle that goes from your pectoral to your bicep in the front. If its more in the back, it can be the same thing if it lines up with that muscle in the front. I strained mine my freshman year of college playing football. But it is very easy to tear. Need an MRI regardless though. If it is torn, it's surgery and 4 months of rehab.

It sounds like you hurt your shoulder.

Thanks... :Yawn:

Now I'm no doctor, but I do know a lot of people in medical school. And from my understanding of the disease, this sounds an awful lot like herpes.

This is a possibility... :lol:

It may be the AC joint. Its the muscle that goes from your pectoral to your bicep in the front. If its more in the back, it can be the same thing if it lines up with that muscle in the front. I strained mine my freshman year of college playing football. But it is very easy to tear. Need an MRI regardless though. If it is torn, it's surgery and 4 months of rehab.

:( Hope not... it's gonna have to bother me for a while before I submit to a doctor.

Rotator cuff injury?

You're supposed to tell me, not ask me?:prrr:

• 2 months later...

Rotator cuff injury?

Well, I finally went to the Dr for this... I've been trying to get it well... I let it rest for a while, then I've been doing some specific exercises, but nothing seemed to help. Went to see him this morning and he said it's more than likely a rotator cuff tear... they have scheduled an MRI. We shall see... :(

Archived