• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's almost time!

lightsout

I'm pretty pumped for the 'Canes this year. It's going to be interesting to see what is done with all this young talent. I think we will have a pretty decent year with a lot of ups and downs. Maybe a lower seed playoff birth, but I kind of doubt it.

If the Devils need to dump one of their players in order to sign Kovalchuk, I'd like to see us head after them. We didn't do much to acquire any proven players.

I agree. It's like JR really wants to get young talent and hope it pans out. I really want to catch a Checkers game just to see some of the younger guys that won't be on the Cane's roster, at least until March or so.

I think if all of our young guys play like Boychuk, we will be set. Really want to see how our first draft pick this year pans out. Or did we already trade him and I just missed it?

Sutter will be very "strobe-like" in his greatness. I just feel like if he's not getting the puck, he disappears. Which can be good, because he can get lost on line changes and breakaways for big time points. But I don't think he will be an All Star, at least this year. He needs another year or so to really reach his potential. But I will say he has a HIGH ceiling. The kid will be as popular as Staal by the time his career is over.

Yeah he just needs to be on a productive line. I see him being another franchise name for the Hurricanes in the future. This season is going to be up in the air, we have a very fast and talented team... our D-core is going to be a force if they find chemistry early on.

Oh absolutely. I want to see Sutter head up the second line...ok, no bull. I seriously just pulled up the Lines on the Hurricanes website. Sutter is heading up the second line with Tlusty and Rosey. That will be a HELL of a productive line. You have a great defensive winger in Jiri Tlusty, a great scorer in Sutter, and Rosey is a great all-around player.

The third line will also be a surprise line. Great for change of pace. TONS of speed on it. LW is Zach Boychuk, C is Riley Nash, and RW is Erik Cole.

Not to mention Tom Kosto being in the 4th line (but I would work him in with the 1st liners a bit also) and Sergei also being on that 4th line. We have a REALLY complete roster. I'm very pleased.

My girlfriend looked at the application for the Storm Squad. They have to have hockey knowledge as well as Hurricanes knowledge. Also, they basically have to be 10s, or they don't even get looked at. I didn't see one where I could honestly say I WOULDN'T hit it.

Archived