• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

'Madden 11' likes the Panthers

KBRed

I do find it interesting that it had us at 6 -10 prior to the preseason game

That's the thing though, we've only played one game, and to my knowledge there hasn't been a roster update this week...

The game is f*cked.

I don't care what it says, the reason that happened was b/c we have a strong running game and OL in place. On top of that, I don't know how many of you have played online this year but the defense IS HORRIBLE. Not just the Panthers but every team in the game b/c of the AI. It doesn't matter what adjustments you make, the defense only contains offenses, it doesn't stop them.

SO... If the offense is in place, then you got a pretty good team. The simulations mean nothing to me either b/c I've tried to play with us and if you try to get fancy/tricky with a pass and the opponent happened to have the right coverage for it, odds are you're going to to throw an INT.

I've tried using Matt and Jimmy as the QB and although Jimmy's awareness is 30+ pts lower than Matt's and his deep accuracy is about the same as Matt's, for some reason Matt has more balls sail on him than any other starting QB I've seen in the game. And here I thought the deep throw was his specialty...

So, I really could care less what the simulation says... How does Pat not know that this guy juiced up a bunch of the players attributes before he simulated the season... Otherwise, how the F did Jarrett get open and breakaway that often with his blazing 78 speed? I'm done.

/dork

That's the thing though, we've only played one game, and to my knowledge there hasn't been a roster update this week...

The game is f*cked.

I don't care what it says, the reason that happened was b/c we have a strong running game and OL in place. On top of that, I don't know how many of you have played online this year but the defense IS HORRIBLE. Not just the Panthers but every team in the game b/c of the AI. It doesn't matter what adjustments you make, the defense only contains offenses, it doesn't stop them.

SO... If the offense is in place, then you got a pretty good team. The simulations mean nothing to me either b/c I've tried to play with us and if you try to get fancy/tricky with a pass and the opponent happened to have the right coverage for it, odds are you're going to to throw an INT.

I've tried using Matt and Jimmy as the QB and although Jimmy's awareness is 30+ pts lower than Matt's and his deep accuracy is about the same as Matt's, for some reason Matt has more balls sail on him than any other starting QB I've seen in the game. And here I thought the deep throw was his specialty...

So, I really could care less what the simulation says... How does Pat not know that this guy juiced up a bunch of the players attributes before he simulated the season... Otherwise, how the F did Jarrett get open and breakaway that often with his blazing 78 speed? I'm done.

/dork

Why aren't you using WR Post Corners? You will never throw a pick again.

Why aren't you using WR Post Corners? You will never throw a pick again.

Ever tried that against the 3 Deep Man? lol

Believe me, I have tried. I've went games with DLo rushing for 300 yards or so and the QB only attempting 13 passes. It's the only way to slow the other offense down. Although, I agree, the corner route is much more effective this year than in previous years.

But still, if you've been forced to throw the whole game b/c say some bullsh*t happens with your KR getting stripped of the ball on the first 2 opening kickoffs and they get up 14-0, it only gets worse. Our passing game SUCKS. I really hope they upgrade Matt and Trent Guy gets added. After Lafell, our WRs are garbage.

Also, to show how ridiculous the game is, I simply edited Armanti's position to QB... Nothing else... Went into franchise mode, let him play the whole second half and he threw for 400+ yards and 6 Touchdowns against the Ravens in the preseason opener. I still lost. lol

WR screen to Smitty. Quick slants. Running plays.

This is the formula to win as the Panthers.

The screens aren't as automatic as they were last year, but I've still busted a few for TDs with Smitty with it. The slants and curl/flat combo routes are good for 8+ yards almost every time. Their my new favorite plays.

Ever tried that against the 3 Deep Man? lol

Yeah it tears it up just like every single other defensive play in the entire game.

You just wait for the RB to make his cut back towards midfield on that route I don't know the name of (looks like a L rotated 45 degrees clockwise). And the 3 deep man coverage can never beat it. If they fool you with that look and actually blitz just scramble for a sec and hit the FB (second running back if you are clever) on his blue route.

I'm talking about one specific play not receiver routes. I'm not sure if you were certain what I meant.

Also that same look has a WR screen pass which means first down or touchdown if Smith doesn't get tackled immediately.

Yeah it tears it up just like every single other defensive play in the entire game.

You just wait for the RB to make his cut back towards midfield on that route I don't know the name of (looks like a L rotated 45 degrees clockwise). And the 3 deep man coverage can never beat it. If they fool you with that look and actually blitz just scramble for a sec and hit the FB on his blue route.

I'm talking about one specific play not receiver routes. I'm not sure if you were certain what I meant.

Also that same look has a WR screen pass which means first down or touchdown if Smith doesn't get tackled immediately.

Yeah I thought you were talking about the corner route... You run the Carolina offense? What formation? It might not be in my playbook, I'll look, but I use the Run n' Gun.

Yeah I thought you were talking about the corner route... You run the Carolina offense? What formation? It might not be in my playbook, I'll look, but I use the Run n' Gun.

I use Tampa offense or Balanced offense. I hate the Carolina offense. No good passing plays and not the correct distribution of runs to make what you are doing unpredictable.

I use Tampa offense or Balanced offense. I hate the Carolina offense. No good passing plays and not the correct distribution of runs to make what you are doing unpredictable.

As much as it pains me to say this, the Dallas playbook is actually worth using in Madden. It has the Full House formation along with passing plays that get the job done. There are quite a few reverse, fake reverse-handoff plays as well which is nice to mix in with DeAngelo, Stewart and Smitty.

As much as it pains me to say this, the Dallas playbook is actually worth using in Madden. It has the Full House formation along with passing plays that get the job done. There are quite a few reverse, fake reverse-handoff plays as well which is nice to mix in with DeAngelo, Stewart and Smitty.

Yeah, I haven't messed with Dallas' playbook. I experimented with Philly and Pittsburgh's last year some b/c of their trick plays.

For all the bragging Madden does about their intricate playbooks specific to each team, I still find it interesting that we still didn't have a reverse play in our playbook as of last year. I didn't even give it a chance this year.

I've been using the run n' gun for years b/c it has a good combo of run/pass, although after experimenting with some other playbooks (like Dallas, Philly, San Diego), even the passing plays are pretty vanilla in it.

Archived