• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breaking: Melo will be traded

C-A-T-S

Kroenke has decided to deal with CAA in a way most of the league is too fearful to try. Leon Rose, the agent who works with Wesley, backed down, sources said, and is willing to be more open-minded on potential trade destinations. Anthony wants to leave Denver and get his three-year, $65 million contract extension now. This partnership is rounding third and rapidly reaching disrepair. Denver is willing to trade Anthony, J.R. Smith and Kenyon Martin, and start over again, sources said. Yahoo! Sports

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AmVFhe1EyuCueQXgUT_Y9AO8vLYF?slug=aw-anthonynuggets082610

What’s more, the Charlotte Bobcats are a sleeper because of Anthony’s Brand Jordan shoe deal and the team’s ability to give the Nuggets a salary-dump proposal.

I love Anthony, he's my favorite player not on the Bobcats. But do we really have enough to deal? I mean I feel like we'd have to give up Wallace. Not only because he offers value, but also I don't think Melo and Wallace can play on the same court considering they are the same position. We're not trading for a backup or moving Crash to the bench. Hypothetically, would you guys trade Wallace for Melo? I think I would, especially if it meant that CP3's likelihood of coming here goes up.

That being said I doubt Melo ends up here and I feel like we need to focus on PG and C.

If we get Melo, we have to include Wallace to make it worthwhile for the Nuggets. That and I'm concerned that Melo's defense isn't on the level of Wallace's D. Coupled with the fact that it doesn't look like we could land a Chris Paul to convince him to stay here (Jordan can only do so much) I'd say our chances are slim to none.

0% chance he becomes a Bobcat

NBA is going downhill. Denver, Cleveland and Toronto are going to be having half filled arenas now.

Yeah but TV ratings will go up when the Heat, Lakers, NEts, Knicks, and Bulls are all contenders. WOuldy ou rather have the Spurs winning 60 games, or the Knicks?

Yeah but TV ratings will go up when the Heat, Lakers, NEts, Knicks, and Bulls are all contenders.WOuldy ou rather have the Spurs winning 60 games, or the Knicks?

The Spurs... But David Stern would rather have the Knicks winning 60 games.

0% chance he becomes a Bobcat

NBA is going downhill. Denver, Cleveland and Toronto are going to be having half filled arenas now.

The NBA has been going downhill for a long time, in my opinion. The NBA's glory days are long gone. And I do not believe all these "superstar" players teaming up is gonna change that.

The Cats' could still land some players in this team being involved in it. Maybe not Melo, but still. And probably keep Wallace. I read somewhere a bit ago that said Melo's offense is NOT better than Wallace's defense, and Wallace adds more to offense than Melo adds to defense by far.

Makes you wonder. I don't think it's as big of a upgrade as people think. One of the reasons we can handle BAD big men at center is cause of our good defense out of guys like Tyrus and Wallace.

I'd like to snag Nene though...

The Cats' could still land some players in this team being involved in it. Maybe not Melo, but still. And probably keep Wallace. I read somewhere a bit ago that said Melo's offense is NOT better than Wallace's defense, and Wallace adds more to offense than Melo adds to defense by far.

Makes you wonder. I don't think it's as big of a upgrade as people think. One of the reasons we can handle BAD big men at center is cause of our good defense out of guys like Tyrus and Wallace.

I'd like to snag Nene though...

I think you're talking about this article

It turned me off from wanting Melo. What we would gain in offense will put us behind even more defensively.

Exactly. I may have seen that at Bobcats Planet.

It really makes you think. I know everyone wants a huge scorer and all that, but let's be smart about it.

If we could somehow, get Nene out of all this, I'd be really really happy.

Nugs wanna start over, get rid of Melko and Nene, get Dampier and cut him, etc.

Yeah but TV ratings will go up when the Heat, Lakers, NEts, Knicks, and Bulls are all contenders. Would you rather have the Spurs winning 60 games, or the Knicks?

Who knows how this will turn out? The Yankees have always had the upper-hand in the am mount of money to spend, but didn't always win the whole shebang! I remember in 2003, when the Marlins beat the heavily favored Yankees.

Of course, with the new Yankee Stadium and the money it generates, they may have too much of an advantage to be stoppable.

All I know is that there is no guarantee that this approach with over-flooding teams with star power is going to work. Basketball is more of a fundamental sport, so it makes more sense that something like this would succeed in the NBA, but probably not so much in other systems, like the NFL.

I just wish on paper the competition was evened out. I know the NBA is doing what it can, by creating caps, but if players want to team together to make something happen --- it is what it is.

Archived