• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Madden 09 Franchise

APCegr

As embarrassing as this may sound, I have trouble understanding man and zone packages, can someone explain to me how to determine which to use for different situations?

Switch to a wide receiver and motion him across the line and watch the defense. If the cornerback moves with him the entire way, it is man coverage. If the cornerback follows him to a certain point, and then backs off while a linebacker moves over and so on and so forth, it is zone coverage. Most of the time your opponent will use a 2 Man Under defense where the corners are in man and the safeties are just defending the deep ball. You'll know as soon as you snap the ball because they will fade back away from the middle of the field.

If one of the safeties comes down into the box, it is either Cover 1 or Cover 3. There are also man/zone blitz combos you should watch out for.

As embarrassing as this may sound, I have trouble understanding man and zone packages, can someone explain to me how to determine which to use for different situations?

If your on D and the comp or player is using alot of slants or quick routes. I like the Cover 3 that lets the SS play the box or the Robber pos. If your having problems with Pressure then man is for you. Use it to bump and run or send good a good run dog blitz at the RB. Then you have your combo covers. Man 2 is a fav of mine cause you can bump and run with the CBs and LBs playing man and your S playing deep keeping the Deep ball at bay. Another is zone blitzing and it can be very effective when the other team is getting the ball out quick cause most of the time you have a S or LB in the robber POS the yellow cloud is what it looks like on madden. This is just some of it. I could talk all day about coverages and that's why it pisses me off when i watch my panthers play such a soft zone cause I know they could be playing way more aggressive with the talent they have.

Archived