• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vacation destination within driving distance from Charlotte

Cat

We are trying to think of a place to do a long weekend in late Sept or early Oct.

Any destination ideas? I'm tired of Savannah and Charleston.

Only requirements is it must be within 7 hours of Charlotte, have stuff to do and nice lodging available.

Few things I can recommend for Annapolis: Go down by the bay. The boats are incredible, cute little shops, right there on the water. Go to a Navy football game on a Saturday if you'd like. That's where the Naval Academy is, so sailors are always down walking especially by the harbor. There's a walking ghost tour we went on thru down town Annapolis that was a lot of fun.

Get some Maryland seafood. It's some of the best in the U.S.

And the only other piece of advice I can give you is to stay as far away from Baltimore as you possibly can. That city is trash.

Anyone gone to Blowing Rock and having any lodging tips or must do activities? I've been searching for stuff online and am just tired of researching stuff.

Go over to Linville falls and hike down into there. Its absolutely beautiful. Totally worth it once you get there too.

My parents have a house up there and its awesome.

Also, if you are near Linville, go to Grandfather Mtn and hike up to the swinging bridge, not good if you don't like heights, but an absolutely great view.

Archived