• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will we be good next year?

Blade

just so you guys know the panthers, instead of collapsing after the bye in typical fashion, were buoyed by the explosion of the running game, something the coaches went away from as soon as they hit the playoffs and something everyone will be prepared for next year

hope that helps

Its also not safe to assume our running game will be top 3 status next season. If I would've told you this time last year that Jones-Drew/Taylor would've had the year they had in 08 after tearing the league up in 07 you wouldnt believe it. An OL hurt here, a RB knicked up here and we could see half the production we saw this year out of running game. Also the success it had this year means more teams will pull an Arizona, stack the box, attack our backs in the backfield for losses, and force Jake Delhomme to beat you.

just so you guys know the panthers, instead of collapsing after the bye in typical fashion, were buoyed by the explosion of the running game, something the coaches went away from as soon as they hit the playoffs and something everyone will be prepared for next year

hope that helps

So either you're really trying not to get your hopes up so when we win more games next season you can get all giddy, you're an emo kid, or you're hoping somebody comes in here saying "omguh how couldz you sayz that?", so you can then go on to pretend that it was a serious prediction and, therefore, troll him.

The best that can happen to this org. is for next season to be a flop. Another mediocre season and Fox and Co. might just be able to hang around. Let's hope for a bad season and for the firing of the staff. I've grown tired of Fox and his scheme's....it's time to move on.

PS....I've never in my life rooted for my team to fail in order for the coaching staff to be fired but, as they say......It's a first time for everything.

So either you're really trying not to get your hopes up so when we win more games next season you can get all giddy, you're an emo kid, or you're hoping somebody comes in here saying "omguh how couldz you sayz that?", so you can then go on to pretend that it was a serious prediction and, therefore, troll him.

no i'm very serious.

the explosion of the running game masked the fact that we were giving up thirty yards a game. deangelo and otah took the team on their back.

teams will be prepared for it next year.

no i'm very serious.

the explosion of the running game masked the fact that we were giving up thirty yards a game. deangelo and otah took the team on their back.

We such a weak Defense as we have now. Running the ball is only gonna help so much next year. The progression or Regression of Jake and the Defense will decide if we make the playoffs next year.

No. Our defense and Jake will be a liability. Stuff the box and let Jake beat you - I'm not too confident, not because of the last game, but in general. Smitty is great and all, but I can't count on him catching those overthrown balls in double coverage all the time. A couple of those catches gone wrong this year would have meant doom for our playoff contention this year too - think about it.

no i'm very serious.

Well yeah because anyone who knows anything about football knows it takes an offseason for the opposition to figure out Fox likes to run the ball.

Archived