• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will we be good next year?

Blade

One thing I know about this team is that we have a good year maybe once every 2-3 years.

On the other years, we're always riddled with injuries or just plain suck. I think we were pretty fortunate this year in having to play two weak conferences in the AFC and NFC. Although we were 4-2 against the NFC South.

Next year we play the NFC East and AFC East -- both good conferences.

Will be finally play two back-to-back good years?

One thing I know about this team is that we have a good year maybe once every 2-3 years.

On the other years, we're always riddled with injuries or just plain suck. I think we were pretty fortunate this year in having to play two weak conferences in the AFC and NFC. Although we were 4-2 against the NFC South.

Next year we play the NFC East and AFC East -- both good conferences.

Will be finally play two back-to-back good years?

With Jake..IN MY OPINION..I don't think so

If our defensive scheme doesn't change a wildcard at best. Just don't see the Bucs, Saints, and especially the Falcons going down easy next season.

maybe, maybe not. this league is so dependent on variables such as injuries, player surges, player regression, chemistry and so forth. It's hard to say what next season brings, what I think will happen is we will go 9 - 7 or 10 -6 and be a 5th seed. Double trouble both have 1,000 12 td seasons.

It all depends on what happens during the offseason. Are we keeping Peppers, Gross, Lucas, Trgovac ? If not who comes in ? How do we do in the draft ? Do we sign any FA:s ?

Offensively I think we are going to be even better next year. The big questionmark in my opinion is the defense.

Here is what i think... With Brady and the Patriots not in it, the S.B was really up for grabs, With Manning and the Colts getting knocked out in the 1st round, we had a really legitmate shot.. With the Chargers not being a dominant force this year we greater chances... With The Giants and Cowgirls not doing squat this year we were pulled out in the front for the NFC Champions.... What did we do? fug*d it all up... will we have another chance like this? I don't see one happening for quite some time... :(

we will still be good and have a winning record but we won't have a record like this past year. Tougher schedule. Still a very winnable one.

There will be a lot of fire in the team beacuae they have a lot to prove.

If Jake is still the QB he will be fighting the whole year and the team will be fighting with him to prove that he and the team as a whole is better than what was seen against the cards.

There are also a lot of teams that they have a grudge against now.....pats, giants, cards, cowboys, falcons, vikings. I expect us to surprise a few people with wins against all of these teams. Tough thing is most of those are going to be away games.

the major thing that will hold us back is if there are no changes made on defense. If there aren't then people know the formula to beat us. pick apart the zone like warner/fitz did. it has been our weak link. for sure those teams that we will be facing will be able to do it.

i have this crazy belief, though, that fox/hurney will make the coaching changes necessary to get us a winning defense. The only way i see us keeping turd and feeling good about it is if they can go back to what they were doing the first half of the season and be a dominate defense. i don't see turd being able to pull that off though.

I think we will be good but will not have a record like we do now. Our secondary has to improve or we will be thrown on so much it won't even be funny. But as for reaching the big dance ie SuperBowl I think we have several years before that will happen again. We had they team this year but 5 INTs from you know how in a key must win game won't get you there no matter who you are playing...

Archived