• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Haslett no longer in Rams chase .....

Boltergeist

My how things change.

Mid-season they were set to make him permanent, and the players were in favor of it. But then when a complaint was made that it would violate the Rooney Rule to not have competition, he was out on hold. Some still expected that after going through the motions the Rams would give it to him anyway.

Oops :eek:

With the word that they're likely firing the entire coaching staff, I looked up who they had. There were some names I recognized (Al Saunders, Rick Venturi, Henry Ellard, others) but nobody I'd especially covet.

Wouldn't mind Ellard as a successor to Richard Williamson but I don't think Williamson is retiring. Could see the recently freed James Lofton in that capacity too.

Wouldn't mind Ellard as a successor to Richard Williamson but I don't think Williamson is retiring. Could see the recently freed James Lofton in that capacity too.

I'm not sure where Lofton's star stands right now. The strides VJ and Floyd (DJ Hackett 2.0, BTW) made seem to be more of a credit to Charlie Joiner than Lofton. And I wonder if he wants to get his hands on trying to run an offense.

Archived