• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How Ironic !!

SKULL

Capers, 58, has spent the last 23 years in the NFL, working as among other things the first head coach of both the Panthers and the Texans, and the defensive coordinator of the Steelers, Jaguars, and Dolphins.

Another former Steelers defensive coordinator, and two-time former head coach, remains in the running as well — Jim Haslett

PANTHERS NEED D. C .

JohnFox & Dom Capers

Capers is a 3-4 guy. Despite the occasional Huddle posts that say we need to consider it and the fact that we do use it from time to time, we don't have the personnel for it. It would be several years before we would be competitive using it exclusively.

With our personnel at the present, I'd rather pass...

Do you not think Connor, Anderson, or Seward could be the second guy in the middlle with Beason?

Kemo would be fine as an NT, and Pep and Brayton are probably both fit for a 3-4 pretty well..

I think we are capable of running the 3-4, but I just don't know if Fox wants to make the permanent switch...

Kemo would be a fine nose guard. Peppers would be able to adjust. Not sure about Brayton and definitely concerned about the bulk of the linebackers to run it. You need linebackers who are more like defensive ends body-wise to pull it off effectively and we don't have that, IMO...

We do have speed at LB though, and that helps a lot in the 3-4.. Also, I think the plan would be to let Pep line up on the outside more times that not, moving either Davis or Diggs inside, depending on which side we want to rush (or make them think we are rushing)..

Who knows, it might work? I just don't know...

Do you not think Connor, Anderson, or Seward could be the second guy in the middlle with Beason?

Kemo would be fine as an NT, and Pep and Brayton are probably both fit for a 3-4 pretty well..

I think we are capable of running the 3-4, but I just don't know if Fox wants to make the permanent switch...

Thomas Davis and Hilee Taylor would be very good DE/OLBs. Brayton is just not a LB and we saw that from his Raiders days.

Kemo would be a fine nose guard. Peppers would be able to adjust. Not sure about Brayton and definitely concerned about the bulk of the linebackers to run it. You need linebackers who are more like defensive ends body-wise to pull it off effectively and we don't have that, IMO...

They compare real close in bulk to Steelers starting 4

Woodley 6'2"265 Peppers 6'7" 283 or Taylor 6'2"250

Farrior 6'1" 239 Connor 6'2" 231

Foot 6'2"243 Beason 6'0"237

Harrison 6'0"242 Davis 6'0" 240

Archived