• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Gantt article...Pep wants to play OLB in a 3-4 defense

smitzzz24

ok someone exsplain to me what the specifics are for a OLB in a 3-4. i know they stand up and rush the passer but i thought you had to be fast because you had to cover players to.

and it just seems at 6,7 you whould not be good at covering all the time

A 3-4 OLB is freed up to make plays anywhere on the field, but in a good scheme they often can run free to the QB. They play the run and pass fairly equally (if they are a 3 down player....which Pep would be). They need to use their brains more than a DE (esp. a 4-3 DE) to read & react to plays.

Pep would be great in a 3-4 once he gets used to it (as sad as that is).

i could def see him going to miami. he was man ***** at chapel hill according to rumors. hot ladies are a plenty there based on my spring break experiences. the tuna is smart too, and everyone knows it

Everything sounds nice except Miami is run by a genius who I doubt would give up a first round pick and a enormously high contract to a 29 y.o. who would want to play a position he has yet to play.

My family is good friends with joseph McLamb's family.

what you're asserting could not possibly be farther from the truth

i spent a lot of time there during his last year. was dating a girl. we frequently saw him around campus, and rarely without a lady. also, i did say rumors.

Everything sounds nice except Miami is run by a genius who I doubt would give up a first round pick and a enormously high contract to a 29 y.o. who would want to play a position he has yet to play.

I tend to agree, although I dont think it takes a rocket scientist to say this:

"Mr. Peppers, go wreak havock. Thank you!"

That's really what DeMarcus Ware and Merriman do. Freakish athletes should be allowed to use their freakish skills, in freakish ways!!!!! Otherwise, you make them average.

i spent a lot of time there during his last year. was dating a girl. we frequently saw him around campus, and rarely without a lady. also, i did say rumors.

let me just put it this way: people on the basketball team weren't even sure he liked girls

I LOVE IT!!!!

HAHAHAHAHA

We cant buy J Peppers.... We threw him the largest contract in NFL history (de anyways) and he has basicaly said that our scheme sucks so bad there is NO WAY HE WILL PLAY HERE AGAIN.

AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

This is funny as hell. You go Mr. Peppers! I'm behind you.

Nothing says you suck like "Im not taking all your money, you and your system can go to hell"...

Love it....

I bet Hurney feels like an idiot. (Fox should too)

Maybe Richardson will wake the f*ck up and light a fire under their ass.

I agree 100%. I wish more fans would see the BIGGER PICTURE too and Jerry Richardson would catch on.

many times i wish people success when they move on but i can't do it in this instance.

i want him to fail.

i am bitter and will be so.

i take this as a slap on the face and a kick to the balls.

i hope we franchise him and screw some team out of a lot of good picks.

Archived