• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers vs Bengals thread

PanthersPhan18

tbh, saw signs of life from this team. hugely improved in pass coverage. 2nd half saw a huge increase in my confidence in the offense, though obviously it still needs work.

I would not be surprised if we see a lot of draws out of shotgun formations in the future. There were some gigantic running lanes.

Clausen looks very good for a rookie, but he is still a rookie. He lead 3 very good drives, but yeah. When you need TDs and not FGs, it doesn't matter so much. Turnovers and penalties killed the team and demonstrates a lack of real discipline and indicates how terrible our coaching has gotten.

Also, play calling was slightly better in the 2nd half.

Some field goals would have been nice. :)

Haven't even been able to get in fg range very much, and when we did, we turned it over.

When an NFL center snaps the football, a misplaced finger can be broken on impact. That is how hard the ball can come off the snap. Now, imagine that ball being lubricated by a driving rain, and it is easy to see how a rookie can fumble a snap in the rain on his first ever NFL start.

Fans expect Clausen to a lesson from the experience, and considering the successful lifetime of effort on the field that it took to get him here, he probably will.

I like Clausen's aggression. He does not give up on plays. He reminds me a bit of Eli Manning, Favre, or Roethlisberger.

My opinion is that this is the first game of our season/pre-season where a WR2 stepped up. Gettis looks good.

I liked the formations with Smith & Gettis, RB, and either Rosario or Fiametta.

We desperately need Otah to come back. In my mind, the difference is striking.

Some field goals would have been nice. :)

Haven't even been able to get in fg range very much, and when we did, we turned it over.

at least 1 of the drives would for sure have been a FG if not for turning it over on downs... small victories I guess? heh.

If the backs hold onto the ball, and if Clausen & Kalil sort out whatever was going on, we'll see some improvement.

Archived