• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Play Calling.

ElkinPanthersFan

Watch the Colts or Patriots play-calling and when the quarterback is at the line of scrimmage with 10+ seconds to change plays; it is a thing of beauty.

The Colts and Patriots have 2 plays called in on 2 minute drills. That's coaching and something we lack. We have always been slowing on lining up plays for 2 minute drills since the John Fox has been the coach. Peyton and Tom are always lining up right after the whistle is blown and the ball is moving. The Panthers literally wait for the ball to be placed and we are still moving all over the place lining up. More mismangement from upstairs and the sidelines.

As a quarterback, I'd want to know the play calls after the whistle is blown and reassembling the huddle. We have near the worst clock management in this league. I'd love to know the number of 1st Quarter/3rd Quarter Timeouts we have used because we have no play call and apparently, QB's here can't just call their own plays to avoid using the timeouts.

Not news no, but it is something we need to address when we look for in a head coach. Its okay to have 50 Jarrett bashing threads, which I dont like him at all, but it is a different topic than those posted currently.

It's a change of pace from the massive player bashing taking place in 90% of these threads. This thread is made more in light to the people that keep defending Fox saying that he has no bearing on the play calling. Henning or Davidson doesn't matter, we still have the same problem, Foxball and his poor management.

Archived