• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone here play Rec or Adult Hockey?

iamcline

If nothing else I hope to at least get some conditioning out of hockey.

we used to play twice per week, no practices...and so many times there would only be 7 or 8 of us on our team, so we'd always get a load of ice time. Every spring I'd be in fantastic shape!

we used to play twice per week, no practices...and so many times there would only be 7 or 8 of us on our team, so we'd always get a load of ice time. Every spring I'd be in fantastic shape!

Just went for my second skate today. Got in an hour and a half. It was great until the Boys & Girls club of Greensboro showed up...then it became a madhouse lol. Got a better feel for it so I should begin working on starting and stopping techniques next week. This visit was much better as I wasn't given a skate size two sizes to big. Last week I was given a 12 (I wear an 11.5 shoe) when I should've been given a 10. The 10 was way better lol.

if you ever get the chance to play on the big rink...do it. I've played at Rexall a couple of times, where the oilers play, and it's fricken pretty cool.

Unfortunately I think the closest I'll get to a big rink is on NHL '11 lol. Maybe the Greensboro Coliseum Annex could be an option later on...but no big time rinks for me.

Archived