• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's official...we've got one on the way!

LiQuiD

Went for our first prenatal appointment yesterday. Can anyone guess what I was doing 6 weeks, 5 days ago? :smilielol5:

Congratulations! Remember, it takes a real man to knock the stem off the first time! (Have a baby girl.)

If you and your wife don't have any Grey hair, just wait.

Children are responsible for drinking, Grey hair, worry lines, sleepless nights and turning you both, into your parents!

Boys are easier to raise than girls. Boys you pretty much worry about who they hang out with, that they don't do something stupid and break something. Then there the whole do they practice safe sex, are they smoking or doing drugs and do they have a condom.

Girls have to have a new dress, shoes and purse for every occasion. God forbid, that they wear something twice! and they need 4-6 times more clothes than boys.

Then you have to worry about her dating guys like the ones that post on here! :eek: Staying up until she comes home, then make is seem you were just watching TV or reading. You don't worry if she's practicing safe sex, you worry about, is she practicing No SEX! You worry about who she hangs out with and you are constantly reminding her not to smoke or do drugs.

When my Step Daughter started dating, I wanted to clean my gun every time a guy came to the door! I remember one guy, I even made him show me his driver's license! He looked a lot older than 18! I wanted to fingerprint every guy and make her wear a Lo Jack! (I got over ruled on both accounts by her Mother! :mad:)

The best you can hope for is that they turn out to be a good person, not get into any major trouble and not have to go to a shrink when they get older on how you screwed their life up!

Enjoy this time now.

One more thing. IF you have a girl. I don't care how big and tough a guy you are or you think you are. The first time your little girl takes your hand without being told, I dare any man not to get a little misty eyed! It's one of the best feelings a Father can have! And when you go into her bedroom and kiss her good night. You want to kill any guy who comes within 25 feet of her! I don't care what age she is! Damn! Now you made me a little misty eyed just reliving the experience!

Sign up now for UPROMISE. Register all your credit cards with them. You can even sign up the Grandparents and any Bothers and Sisters and friends under your account. It builds money for college. VERY SLOWLY, but it's free money. It will even build money when you dine out. Doesn't cost you a cent to join! If you shop on-line a lot. Go there first and pass thru to the site where you want to shop. UPROMISE will get you money from the on-line sotre and apply it to your account.

When your child is ready to go to college there will be some money there. Obviously, not as good as a 529 college fund, but free money is free money, and you have the option of setting a college fund up and having the money go there!

When my Step Daughter started dating, I wanted to clean my gun every time a guy came to the door! I remember one guy, I even made him show me his driver's license! He looked a lot older than 18! I wanted to fingerprint every guy and make her wear a Lo Jack! (I got over ruled on both accounts by her Mother! :mad:)

My dad did this once with my ex boyfriend. He thought it was HILLARRRIOUUUSSS

My dad did this once with my ex boyfriend. He thought it was HILLARRRIOUUUSSS

I was like THE most over protective Father. I don't know where it came from. I had rules!

1) Call me if your date has been drinking or you have been drinking. I will come and get you! I promise not to lecture or yell! I think this is a MADD thing?

2) Don't lie to me. Let me know where you are going. If you are going to party tell me, but remember Rule #1. If you are leaving where you said you were going, call me and let me know.

3) Home by 11:00 on weekends/Holidays etc, and 10:00 on school nights.

4) Always make sure your cell phone is charged before you leave the house.

5) I have to meet any new boy you are dating.

6) No boy pulls up and honks for you. He needs to be a man and come to the door and knock.

I would have strapped a Lo-Jac on her if I could have! Maybe that was why her Mom and I didn't stay together.

just had a conversation with a coworker that i haven't talked to in a while. he's a field guy. my wife being pregnant came up, and i told him i fear having a girl.

in a nutshell he said that if i do have a girl, keeping my thumb on her as much as i can will make her more of a ho than anything else would.

just had a conversation with a coworker that i haven't talked to in a while. he's a field guy. my wife being pregnant came up, and i told him i fear having a girl.

in a nutshell he said that if i do have a girl, keeping my thumb on her as much as i can will make her more of a ho than anything else would.

i won't be strict, I will just shoot any boy that walks into my house.

Archived