• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DT free agents to think about...

rayzor

I'm not saying any are likely or are good choices but they are probably going to be available to us. these are the ones that stuck out to me that weren't haynesworth or tank johnson.

Jovan Haye.....probably shouldn't have let him go. he's an RFA but still an option. I don't like RFAs but in their restructuring they might opt to cut him loose. of course he is somewhat familiar with the panthers and the defense so he could help us. he is small, though, Ht: 6-2 Wt: 295. Not the big guy that i would like to have alongside kemo but if they want to keep with having an athletic faster DT to hit the gap, he could be decent depth. crap, he'd be a good starter.

Rocky Bernard...another good but smaller 3 tech type player. both he and haye might cost a good bit of money but i think we can afford them with big ears going. i don't know what the seahawks are planning to do here.

Grady Jackson is another one who may be available. He is getting long in the tooth, i suppose, but he was sure disruptive. The dude looked like a walrus flopping around out there but it didn't stop him from blocking passes. For a fat boy he sure can move.

Kedric Gholston who is on the redskins who is a good guy and may be a good option but he has been hurt a good bit. Ht: 6-4 Wt: 320 good size. might be decent beside Kemo from time to time. i don't remember watching him much but I know he had a really good rookie year.

Mike Wright from the Pats...played backup behind Vince Wilfork so he got a good bit of PT. He has done pretty well. I think at Ht: 6-4 Wt: 295 he would be another good option beside Kemo as well. Lots of experience as a NT in a 3-4 so that would be nice at opening up the DEs. He looks like Mongo from Blazing Saddles, though.

9820594_tml.jpg270420m.jpg

Gabe Watson is another intriguing option. Plays for the Cards. Ht: 6-4 Wt: 340 4th round pick in 2006. another big NT. He was hurt a bit last year but still is a good run stuffing option. not sure what the cards plans are for him or if the superbowl makes him too expensive.

i personally like tank johnson. yea he got in trouble but it seems like since his suspension he hasnt got into anymore unless there was something i havent heard about he has good size and hes still pretty young we could prob get him cheap too.

I heard the guy was excited and smiling from ear to ear while walking off the field after the butt whooping the eagles put on them at the end of the season, to knock them out of the playoffs. I dont want a guy that quits on his team and cares more about free agency

Archived