• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luck or AJ Green?

Ricky Spanish

It would be nice to just sign two new DTs and a TE, draft Luck, then say screw it and trade back into the first for Justin Blackmon. This is a weak draft overall, so wouldn't mind targeting a few specific players in the first at the expense of our third and fourth round picks this year.

Oh wow, the exception to the rule, tell me more. Don't leave out the part about the the majority of super bowl teams of the past ten years having elite qbs.

If you want to say Eli Manning is elite, we'll all point and laugh at you...so theres yet ANOTHER exception...........

Name the last Notre Dame QB that was worth anything in the NFL...

We will bail on Jimmy this early because he looks absolutely, completely lost out on the field. We will have an entirely new coaching staff, none of which were responsible for drafting Jimmy. Competitively and financially we have very little to lose if we do draft Luck. (Just because we draft Andrew doesn't mean we cut Jimmy)

You still have the GM who drafted Jimmy and WANTS him there. No ND QB has been good for awhile, i didnt want to draft him. But Im not going to bail after 1 bad season, if Luck does awful are you going to bail after 1 year?

If you want to say Eli Manning is elite, we'll all point and laugh at you...so theres yet ANOTHER exception...........

Except

Eli Manning isn't the exception to the rule?

He's actually a pretty good QB?

No he's not elite, but he's a franchise QB.

You still have the GM who drafted Jimmy and WANTS him there. No ND QB has been good for awhile, i didnt want to draft him. But Im not going to bail after 1 bad season, if Luck does awful are you going to bail after 1 year?

If Clausen actually showed signs of improvement, or at least played decently instead of bad every week, sometimes even regressing, no one would want to bail after a year.

Bailing on a 2nd round draft pick is ok, and that's what he was a supposed 1st round pick who feel to the 2nd round.

On top of that, if we draft Luck, no one says we have to give up on Jimmy. Go into the season as the starter and it's his job to lose, just like Moore's job.

What is your definition of elite, and then what is your definition of a franchise QB.

A QB that can win in the national football league for years.

A QB that when things go bad, can pull your team back an win the game.

The only "elite" QBs in the leauge right now are Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

A QB that can win in the national football league for years.

A QB that when things go bad, can pull your team back an win the game.

The only "elite" QBs in the leauge right now are Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

Thats pretty vague, and not very good. Any QB can pull your team back for any given game....So you still haven't seperated anything.

So Big Ben isn't elite, he has more rings then Manning...He's won for years...

I think Philip Rivers and Drew Brees have proven they're elite. How can you seriously leave Drew Brees out of the "elite" category?

You're losing credibility here...

Thats pretty vague, and not very good. Any QB can pull your team back for any given game....So you still haven't seperated anything.

So Big Ben isn't elite, he has more rings then Manning...He's won for years...

I think Philip Rivers and Drew Brees have proven they're elite. How can you seriously leave Drew Brees out of the "elite" category?

You're losing credibility here...

Totally didn't think about Brees at the time. But I agree, he elite.

Philip Rivers is too. Well kinda, idk I'm kinda iffy on him and I don't really know why.

Let me rephrase the elite thing

An Elite QB is one that can run his team efficiently, change the game with a few throws and can read great defenses and just carve them up. A leader to the team and someone everyone can look up to. An elite QB is their team. Without that QB, the team would be significantly worse. Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Peyton Manning are some in the league now you can mention.

Big Ben has more rings than Manning because because he's always had more to work with, on top of that, have you seen Pitt's Defense? Not taking anything away from Ben, he's a good QB, maybe even a great one, but that has something to do with the ring difference between the two.

Speaking of pointing.....are you really trying to point to Eli Manning, a former number one overall pick himself who led his team to a super bowl win within five years of being drafted, as an example NOT to draft Luck number one? If so, lol.

Speaking of pointing.....are you really trying to point to Eli Manning, a former number one overall pick himself who led his team to a super bowl win within five years of being drafted, as an example NOT to draft Luck number one? If so, lol.

Nope, you obviously didnt read the message.

Archived