• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Player Rankings

unicar15

This list is way off imo, Mallet at second overall!?! Is that you Houston Nutt???

Top 10 Draft Prospects

1. Andrew Luck

2. Patrick Peterson

3. A.J. Green

4. Marcel Dareus

5. DaQuan Bowers

6. Prince Amukamara

7. Robert Quinn

8. Nick Fairley

9. Adrian Clayborn

10. Akeem Ayers (don't let the fact that UCLA sucks fool you about this kid)

Top 10 Panthers Prospects

1.Andrew Luck

2. Patrick Peterson

3. A.J. Green

4. Marcel Dareus

5. DaQuan Bowers

6.Robert Quinn

7. Nick Fairley

8. Justin Blackmon

9. Prince Amukamara

10. Adrian Clayborn

(Mallet and Locker aren't worthy of being in our top 10 prospects list with the other players in the draft. I think both will be good pros but they aren't going to be great or elite pros like I think these 10 guys can be.)

If we dont get Luck we need to trade down and hope we get Pat Peterson, AJ Green, or D Bowers along with a 2nd since our inept coaching staff decided armanti edwards was worth that pick

the problem with that theory is that Peterson and Green (and possibly Bowers) will both be gone after pick 5. So at most you're trading down 3-4 picks and more then likely would only get a third for that....

If we dont get Luck we need to trade down and hope we get Pat Peterson, AJ Green, or D Bowers along with a 2nd since our inept coaching staff decided armanti edwards was worth that pick

Please someone tell me the last time someone traded down out of the 1st or 2nd pick overall? The Eli Manning for Rivers trade was a special circumstance because Eli protested playing anywhere but New York. So other than that one time...when was the last time it happened?

If you would rather have a defender than Ryan Mallett then you are a nut. Ask yourself if you were in our position would you rather have Flacco or Revis? We are the definition of a rebuilding football team. You rebuild with QBs and every review I've read has said that if Luck doesn't come out this year then Mallett is the no-brainer #1 overall pick. So why wouldn't you take him #2??

Please someone tell me the last time someone traded down out of the 1st or 2nd pick overall? The Eli Manning for Rivers trade was a special circumstance because Eli protested playing anywhere but New York. So other than that one time...when was the last time it happened?

If you would rather have a defensive lineman than Ryan Mallett then you are a nut. Ask yourself if you were in our position would you rather have Flacco or Revis? We are the definition of a rebuilding football team. You rebuild with QBs and every review I've read has said that if Luck doesn't come out this year then Mallett is the no-brainer #1 overall pick. So why wouldn't you take him #2??

Because Mallet isn't worth the #1 pick simple as that. You don't reach for a guy at #1 or #2 in the draft. Mallet isn't on the same level of Andrew Luck, no QBs in this draft are. If Luck doesn't come out this year you go BPA which would be Peterson or Green unless you can trade down. Mallet is Jimmy Clausen, both are going to be fair-good pros, no more no less.....

Because Mallet isn't worth the #1 pick simple as that. You don't reach for a guy at #1 or #2 in the draft. Mallet isn't on the same level of Andrew Luck' date=' no QBs in this draft are. If Luck doesn't come out this year you go BPA which would be Peterson or Green unless you can trade down. Mallet is Jimmy Clausen, both are going to be fair-good pros, no more no less.....[/quote']

THANK YOU, and we need extra picks. I was thinking Pat Peterson, Green, or Bowers would be there at 6 or 7 and someone who is sold on Mallet will trade a 2nd and a 4th to get him. That gives us another year to rebuild and possibly pick our qb the following year. We wont know until April though: combine, pro days, who's declaring... Remember for every Andrew Luck theres a Ryan Leaf or JRUSS. Poor Jake Locker would have been 1st overall had he come out last year and now he's looking like a 2nd or 3rd rounder

THANK YOU, and we need extra picks. I was thinking Pat Peterson, Green, or Bowers would be there at 6 or 7 and someone who is sold on Mallet will trade a 2nd and a 4th to get him. That gives us another year to rebuild and possibly pick our qb the following year. We wont know until April though: combine, pro days, who's declaring... Remember for every Andrew Luck theres a Ryan Leaf or JRUSS. Poor Jake Locker would have been 1st overall had he come out last year and now he's looking like a 2nd or 3rd rounder

I wouldn't say second or third round. I still think Locker will go in the top 20 but certainly not top 5 or even 10 now. I actually like Locker more then Mallet. Yes Mallet has the huge arm, but Lockers arm is way above average and he also has the threat of scrambling for 60 yards on any given play. Both will have to sit for a couple of years before they're pro QBs but I actually think Locker ends up being the better pro because defenses will have to contain the edges instead of just trying to collapse the pocket. DE's not being able to crash down for fear of Locker taking off around the edge will give him the extra time he needs to find an open man. Part of Locker's problem is the talent he's surrounded with. If Locker had the weapons that Mallet has on offense I would be willing to bet we would be looking at Locker as a top 5 draft pick.....

For me....

AJ

Peterson

Dareus

Bowers

this...unless we have the number one pick and Luck looks absolutely sure fire then this would be exactly my order except switch Peterson and AJ...I'm fine with bringing in a vet this offseason to replace Moore, and keeping Jimmay and Pike to see what they can do

Also if we trade down in the first round I wouldn't mind Bailey from Miami or an O-lineman

Archived