• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nickelback

Hotsauce

The singer sings the same thing and gets on your nerves doing it.

My wife likes them and I could have made this an issue but she does not go out of her way to put a CD in or anything. My favorite band is not anything she is into that much but she listens to them with me and even went to their concert and met them backstage.

So many people hate this band...why?

At various points in their career, Nickelback has received widespread negative reviews from various sources. Review aggregator Metacritic reports that three of their six most recent studio albums since becoming a mainstream act, The Long Road, All the Right Reasons and Dark Horse, have scores of 62%, 41% and 49% respectively.[21][22][23] Criticism tends to focus on the band's themes of "strippers, sex, prostitutes, drugs, sex, drinking and sex",[24] for being derivative in the music they create, as well as too often sticking to formula instead of innovating.[25]

In 2007, USA Today reported that "few bands inspire such intense hatred as Nickelback."[26] The article questioned whether Nickelback's commercial success made "critics wrong", and published several statements from various sources within the music industry. Nathan Brackett, a senior editor at Rolling Stone said, "There are some bands that, let's face it, are critic-proof." Both Brackett and Craig Marks, editor in chief of Blender, credit a lot of the band's success to young people who are introduced to them on the radio and "very casual music fans who don't buy a lot of CDs". Marks complimented Nickelback's popularity despite the critical response, saying "it is a tribute to their success."[26]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nickelback

For me it's mainly the lead singer... he sounds like he's trying to take a dump on every song... about the only lead singer that annoys me more is that dude from Rascal Flatts, damn I HATE them.

I fuging hate country music but I think he has a great voice!

Archived