• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do we need to worry about #2 WR

Zod

To answer the question, no.

We have Moose, and if anything, the loyalty to Moose is going to hold any other receiver not named Steve Smith, back. Jarrett has been catching almost everything thrown his way. Hackett is good when used also.

A late round pick to develop wouldn't be bad though, cause we all know Steve Smith ain't going to last forever.

But apparently McCown had passed Matt Moore on the depth chart. Can anyone explain that to me in detail why this occured? I expected Moore to have beaten McCown out. When I think about McCown being considered better than Moore, I am troubled by what I see after Delhomme. I'm worried that we have no potential starter after Delhomme?!?

Moore was injured at the beginning of the season. Pretty sure he was anyways.

You should know that Fox will go with a Vet over a youngster when it comes to QB. That being said, Moore got a year to sit on the pine, which is what any good QB needs. Moore has the tools to get it done, and to lead. IMO.

Thank you, Pantherclaw. You're right.

August 28, 2008 - Backup QB Moore injured

PITTSBURGH -- Backup quarterback Matt Moore hurt his left leg late in the third quarter of the Panthers’ NFL preseason exhibition Thursday against the Pittsburgh Steelers at Heinz Field.

Moore, who started the game and had completed 15-of-27 passes for 164 yards and two interceptions, was hit by Steelers safety Anthony Smith.

Moore didn’t return and was taken to the locker room by the team’s training staff.

Moore was a solid No. 2 on the Panthers’ depth chart after playing well in Carolina’s final two games of the 2007 season. An undrafted free agent out of Oregon State, Moore was in the Dallas Cowboys’ training camp last season before signing with the Panthers. --David Scott

I'd love to read more about how Moore is truly a "solid No. 2 on the Panthers’ depth chart". I think any change we make at WR, and not necessarily to WR2, should be built around whatever particular strengths our future starter has, be that Moore or someone else. Shouldn't we expect that from our new QB position coach Scherer?

Archived