• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Collins promised the starting job in Tennessee

Mr. Scot

FISHER GIVES COLLINS REASSURANCE

Posted by Sheil Kapadia on January 25, 2009, 3:17 p.m.

Jeff Fisher has made it clear to Kerry Collins that he wants him back as the starter in 2009, but the Titans have not yet started negotiations with the free-agent quarterback, a team source tells ESPN’s Chris Mortensen.

Earlier this month, Collins said he’d retire if he couldn’t find a starting job.

“I made my case known, that I’d like to be here and feel that I can be a part of several more good seasons,” Collins told The Tennessean. “I have several good years left in me, I know that. I will pack up and go somewhere else. I don’t want to, but that’s the reality of this business. . . . I am a starter in this league and if nothing materializes that way I will retire.’’

Another interesting note from Mortensen is that Tennessee is high on Chris Simms and wants to re-sign him. A report in the Chicago Sun

--------------------

Chris Simms, what of Vince Young. Trade bait???

Young has all the god given athletic ability in the world, but not a single ounce of smarts.

Black QBs dont have smarts. He should be moved to WR. Im still shocked how he took his team to the playoffs his rookie year. Overcoming his stupidity had to be tough on the Titans. At WR he can just go with his natural instincts and wont have to think too much.

Black QBs dont have smarts. He should be moved to WR. Im still shocked how he took his team to the playoffs his rookie year. Overcoming his stupidity had to be tough on the Titans. At WR he can just go with his natural instincts and wont have to think too much.

HAHAHAH funny you say that.

I would say the exact same thing for Ryan Leaf, and Jeff George.

Wow you are quick with the racial stuff today.

McNabb and Culpepper are certainly smart enough.

But what about Troy Smith, Garrard, and Leftwich?

Smith & Leftwich dont start, not smart enough. Garrard is just like Vince, a one year wonder. He should be moved to WR, and Del Rio should move Matt Jones to his natural position of QB. I hope the Panthers never ever get a starting black QB. :cool:

Smith & Leftwich dont start, not smart enough. Garrard is just like Vince, a one year wonder. He should be moved to WR, and Del Rio should move Matt Jones to his natural position of QB. I hope the Panthers never ever get a starting black QB. :cool:

I want Warren Moon.

Archived