• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fix my phone...

Jhyler12

try the rice first, if it doesn't work then I would go for broke. Your warranty is already going to be voided any way... if the rice won't get rid of the issue here... Clean it... lmao

then once all the syrup from the soda is out of the phone - repeat the rice step immediately afterwards. Very very long shot, but you'll probably have to end up getting a new one any ways.

Here's how you can fix this situation:

Step 1. - Take off the battery cover

Step 2. - Remove the battery.

Step 3. - Place the battery in a plastic sandwich bag

Step 4. (Optional, depends on model) - Remove the SIM card, and put it in a secure place.

Step 5. (Optional) Remove any MicroSD memory cards, and put it in a secure place.

Step 6. Find a hammer.

Step 7. Smash the Blackberry into small pieces.

Step 8. Throw away the remains of the phone, send the battery to a recycling service.

Step 9 . Click this link http://www.blackberry.com.

Step 10. Navigate the website until you find the model you like the most.

Step 11. Make sure your network provider can support that model.

Step 12. Write down or Print off what model you liked the most that your carrier can support, then go to your local network provider's store and purchase it.

Step 13. Invest in their offered "Accident assurance" plan.

I support Blackberries for a medium to large company. I have been asked to "fix" many of these devices, where I've opened them, and a thin sticky film is all on the inside. No matter what we do, the device continues to malfunction.

Soda has glucose, phosphoric acid, and water in it, all of which are destructive to electrical devices. EVEN IF you get the phone to work, there's an extremely good chance it will not work correctly, and be more of a frustration than useful.

TL: DR version - You're phone is probably fuged. Go buy a new one.

EVEN IF you get the phone to work, there's an extremely good chance it will not work correctly, and be more of a frustration than useful.

QFT

I had a Moto SLVR (like a RAZR, only "candybar" style). On the way to work one morning my 3 year old wanted to talk to mommy on the phone. I dialed the number up and let her chat for a minute or two. While taking the phone from her when she was done, my hand hit the passenger side head rest and popped ass end into the top of my SOLO cup half full of pepsi. It took me a second to figure out what had happened (I'm still driving @ 65 MPH on a 2 lane rd). When I pulled the phone out, Pepsi was running out the bottom of it, but somehow I could still hear the wife talking away on it. The LCD screen was lit at the top and faded out until it was dark at the bottom. I ended up tossing it in the passenger floorboard until I got to work. It still worked, but sometime throughout the day it stopped.

It did end up drying out, but as BCG said it was never the same. The speaker sounded "squeaky", buttons would sound like they were being pressed while talking, and sometimes it would freeze up and not do anything. It was a good one while it lasted :/

Archived