• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Newbies post here

Hawk

Hi, my name is Matt. I've mostly posted in the Panthers section of the huddle because I didn't really know about the other sections. I've been exploring and found this thread.

I am originally from Delaware. When my dad was in the military, he got stationed down at Pope and we moved to Fayetteville. I became a fan of the team the year they went to the Superbowl. I have been a fan since. We moved back to Delaware after his retirement. I am the only Panther fan I know up here; I turned my younger brother onto the Panthers before he could pick another team (He's 11).

I read the huddle for a couple years first and joined early this year.     

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, my name's Baz. I'm a student in the UK. I've been a Panthers fan ever since I started following the sport three years ago. I've mainly been posting on the message boards on the Panthers' website throughout the last 18 months and I am really looking forward to getting some more opinions. I am hoping to work as an NFL scout after I leave university.

Hey all, Jets fan here. My wife and I will be coming into town for the December 15th game against the Jets and we're looking for some advice on where to go for good food and beer. When we travel to see the Jets we love to go to the places where the locals go. We love good food and good locally brewed beer. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi everyone. I'm actually recently in search for a new team,coming from the cowboys, and was considering the panthers because they seem exciting, fresh, and new.

The other team I was considering was the detroit lions. I like stafford and megatron, but that team has a stink on it, honestly. What from their history of losing. Not saying that should be a main reason for not being a fan, but it does have a weight to it.

Hey all, Jets fan here. My wife and I will be coming into town for the December 15th game against the Jets and we're looking for some advice on where to go for good food and beer. When we travel to see the Jets we love to go to the places where the locals go. We love good food and good locally brewed beer. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

You will find tons of other Jets fans at the game.  NC is full of transplants.  As for where to go, I do not know enough to tell you all the great spots but take your time and just travel about.  There is a ton of local beers in the greater Charlotte area, one of my favorites is Duck Rabbit, a milk stout from Farmington, NC.

Hello, all. I lurked for a couple of years before beginning to post in the game day threads this year.  Former high-school teacher and my students dubbed me The Dictator...thus the name.  I thought of using a pic of my World of Warcraft level 85 Unholy Death Knight as my avatar but Jerry seemed fitting too. 

Hello my people! I'm new here, of course, but don't hold that against me. I'm a die hard Panthers fan, have been since inception. Unfortunately I live a million miles away in OKC where there are 0-5 Panthers' fans in the whole state. Most of the folks around here go for the Cowgirls (blech) and I'm even stuck with a Saints fan at work...ugh. But I'm happy to find you like-minded people to cheer on my Panthers with.

Just so we are clear (after reading some posts on here) I'm not a bandwagoner. Been wearing my black and blue with pride from the beginning, which makes our recent success that much sweeter. I'm also a girl, but not a girly fan. I am a real sports fan. I can talk smack with the best of 'em. I know more about this team than Smitty and Cam, and sports pretty much dominate much of my life, especially during the fall/winter. (I am a die hard Thunder fan as well...gotta represent my home!)

So that's me, in a nutshell. Keep pounding!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived