• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hit the gym this morning at 6am...

Hotsauce

Bah, you sound like my gf. Girls can run just like guys do. Or drive to the gym. And you look better doing it. ;)

Oh, I have no problem exercising during the day. If I did that, I would have to bring along all my makeup, my hair dryer and all my stuff for my hair, pretty much would be getting ready in the morning all over again.

So, I would need 30-1hr to work out and then 45 more minutes ontop of that to get ready again.

You guys can just work out, shower, and go right back to work.

Every morning, 6 Am or earlier.

has to be done.

Why? Black tie Xmas party this past weekend for the hospital.

I needed safety pins for my 10 year old tux.

makes me feel good. Superior. Awesome.

On a srsly note, I want to give myself the best chance to enjoy my wife and kids for as long as possible.

They need me around.

I think.

Before kids I always did after work.

With the little ones, the after work time is precious, so i gotta get up before they do.

That aint easy.

And unlike many exercise nuts I friggin hate it.

The weights are heavy, the cardio makes me sweaty and tired.

The question is....do you have what it takes to keep going, or are you one of those types that annoy the gym rats by showing up on Jan 1?

Thats why I work out at home.

Not only do i hate working out, I'm really not what you would call a "people person".

Just do what works for you.

I simply CAN'T run that early. I was very, very fit when I played squash at a high level, but I kind of let it go when I was at Uni. When I got back into exercise I thought morning runs would be the way to go - get the exercise out of the way for the rest of the day - it's actually what I used to do for my squash training (i.e. run before school/college).

Sadly I found that I simply give up at about the 2 mile mark because I CANNOT be bothered running that early. I don't have that drive any more.

For the record I run 5 miles, 4-5 times a week with light weights, press ups and sit ups sprinkled in.

I have to run after work. Not straight when I get home, but certainly within an hour or so of coming through the door. Enough time so you're refreshed from the grind of work, but not too long so that your body starts to relax for the evening. It works for me at least.

Archived