• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Next Head Coach

Mr. Scot

Wow :sosp:

It's been two years since I started researching possible head coaching candidates, and if you put all the different threads together I believe it would total around 250 pages or more. All those pages of discussion, speculation, questions, debate and, as my Dad would have said "just plain argyun" :lol:

But as of now, all the research, the questions and the theories can be put to bed.

We have our guy. The new head coach of the Carolina Panthers, Ron Rivera.

Rivera-Carolina-629_display.jpg

Personally, I'm very excited about the hire. Even more so after hearing what he had to say in the press conference. Rivera impressed me with his manner, his confidence, his preparation...everything. Hard for me to believe he's been passed over eight times, but here's hoping that their loss is our gain.

There's still the assistants to get to - and we've already started that discussion - but it's nice to get to the end of this search and be happy with the result.

So from today forward, a new era begins.

But as far as the search, in the words of a man who was alive when the whole thing started, but has since passed on...

"Turn out the lights. the party's over." :thumbsup:

(lock it up fellas; we're done here)

Archived