• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Luck, Sign Hasselbeck

unicar15

No matter what QB we draft this year (Luck or Mallett presumably) I don't think its smart to bring them in with only Jimmy Clausen as competition. Matt Moore just needs to be let go because he won't ever contribute. Ideally for me I'd trade Clausen for whatever we can get for him and not worry about whether or not Clausen is mature enough to be relegated to a backup role in just his second season.

Therefore, if we draft a QB with our first pick (if we don't then we are rooting for a loser franchise) then we need to go out and get a veteran QB that knows how to run a team. IMO no other free agent would be better than Matt Hasselbeck and I think he'd come here knowing that he'd have a really good chance to start at least the first part of the season. Get him in here to teach Luck/Mallett how to run a team and to help the young QB mature and win over the respect of the older players. Clausen didn't have that this year and I think it killed any chance of him ever being a leader of the team. A veteran is a must and it wouldn't hurt to have a guy that has been a winner at his other team.

Moore can't contribute? Lol

Drafting Luck/Mallet/whoever.... And signing a vet like hasslebeck is a good idea, but we gotta send clausen somewhere in a trade or just let him go, he has too many negatives that you just can't fix

Having Cluasen on the team might make Luck nervous, because he may have to look over his shoulder all the time, and ultimately lead Luck to be a bust.

Hasselbeck is only a good option if we go with a West Coast type of approach on offense.

My feeling is that Hasselbeck doesn't even need to start, he just needs to teach the rookie how to run a team and earn respect. If he has to toss a few balls then that's fine but we don't need to run an offense that he is "made for" just because we sign him as a vet.

never say never, but I'm pretty sure Seattle will be in a similar position next year and won't be in any hurry to let Hass leave. Pretty sure Seattle will also use a high pick for a young QB and they'll want to use Hass the same way you would.

I've heard that before...but I've heard the exact opposite many many times. He's a competitor for sure...maybe more competitive than skilled sometimes and I believe that frustrates the poo out of him.

I've met him once in person, in Denver this season, and he was extremely nice to me.

Archived