• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I just sent a guy to jail for max 60 years

Cat

FYI two life sentences is 60 years LOL. Thats what dude got for theft.

Then again I fully endorse the dont f*ck with peoples sammich on wheels rule. They should have got 90 years.

The one that did the killing got death. His accomplice got two life sentences.

Is 60 years the max or the minimum? In the case listed by the op, 60 years is the maximum penalty, so I imagine the guilty party will end up doing about 20 or so.

The one that did the killing got death. His accomplice got two life sentences.

Is 60 years the max or the minimum? In the case listed by the op, 60 years is the maximum penalty, so I imagine the guilty party will end up doing about 20 or so.

Once again you dont fug with peoples Sammiches. ;)

Still every case is different and I know people that have gotten 5 years for killing someone. I really dont recall anyone not getting a long jail sentence for embezzling or like crimes. Hell they gave most of the mob bosses 2 life sentences for tax evasion.

Once again you dont fug with peoples Sammiches. ;)

Still every case is different and I know people that have gotten 5 years for killing someone. I really dont recall anyone not getting a long jail sentence for embezzling or like crimes. Hell they gave most of the mob bosses 2 life sentences for tax evasion.

I agree. And fwiw, the case and sentence that was referenced in the article was a big deal here in Winston with a lot of publicity. I think that publicity played a big role in the sentence. Had the meth heads killed some other meth addict, they both would have gotten life. But since they killed a helpless old man and a couple of charity workers, it made headlines and one will be spending the rest of her life in prison while the other will be killed after a few years of appeals.

I agree. And fwiw, the case and sentence that was referenced in the article was a big deal here in Winston with a lot of publicity. I think that publicity played a big role in the sentence. Had the meth heads killed some other meth addict, they both would have gotten life. But since they killed a helpless old man and a couple of charity workers, it made headlines and one will be spending the rest of her life in prison while the other will be killed after a few years of appeals.

Plus if you replaced Meth head with senators son it would have been 4 years in jail and parole in one. Just the way the law works. Now it dose not matter who the fug you are in a money trial. Even Martha Stewart went to jail for insider trading...

Archived