• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Exhibit A of why you don't draft Newton in the 1st round

unicar15

the only players that i can find that compare height/weight to cam is big ben and russel..but cam newton is way faster then them, and from what his coach says(espn interview) can actually read defenses and has a desire to win at all costs(jawalrus didn't have that)..of course that could all be smoke.

I'd be happy if we took him if there was no Luck..but would the Panthers take him? Hard to tell til we see what coach we have.

Panthers are going to be a new team with new coordinators, new coaches, new staff all around. It's a new NFL with more and more mobile QBs starting (The Golden Calf of Bristol, vick again, mccoy, big ben). Might as well take Newton and build your team around him since we're so young and developing anyway. And if that fails you still got Clausen in the wing. Hopefully he can get his head out of his ass over the offseason. High hopes, I know. Cam is nothing like JaMarcus. JaMarcus was a fat slob who fell out of love with the game. In the little footage I've seen of Cam I see a fire for football and winning and the game. I think he could be a fan favorite like Jake. If we bring in a good QB coach he and Clausen could go very far. Plus the o-line that helped produce two 1100 yard rushers a year ago will be healthy and hopefully have more depth. That should be some good protection for the young QB. And the rookie wideouts won't be rookies anymore. Its all up to the new coach and the staff he brings with him.

Archived