• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers thanks teammates by taking them to Hawaii

Darth Biscuit

I have actually been there it is not as nice as the photos. There are alot beach's that you cannot go to because of the rip current and it is always crowded. It's pretty much just like Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. Except for the Luao's they were kinda cool.

You must've been on Oahu... Maui's where it's at. Oahu (and to a lesser degree Hawai'i) are way overdeveloped.

Huh? You get out of Honolulu?

Outside of Honolulu it's really nice I went to Honolulu, Kuai, and Maui. Maui was extremely nice, it had all of the nice beaches and stuff. Great Snorkeling, and stuff like that. But the Luao was cool because you had all these animals running around like peacocks and other weird animals, and they cooked the pig in the fire pit, that was really interesting.

Pretty cool of Pep to do.

Ditto!

I have been to Hawaii. My wife and i could have gone to any of the islands, but went to Oahu by choice. Yes it probably is overdeveloped, but it's not unlike being in any major city and suburb in the USA proper. I have lived in, and traveled to, a fair amount of cities including New York, Philly, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Atlanta, St. Louis, Chicago and Detroit, and I can tell you that Honolulu is not as crowded as any of these places. My wife, in particular, enjoys being around people, cultural happenings and amenities, where as I prefer to be in a more laid back setting. Oahu is more commercialized, but there are enough quiet spots on the island, that one can experience peace and serenity (particularly in the North Shore area). To me it's the best of both worlds. It is truly a beautiful place, and I plan to go back someday. If I could get my wife to agree, I may move to the Big Island because there is very cheap (as in $10,000) real estate, if you are willing to risk being in an area on a volcano. I don't know about the covenants, but I was thinking about putting up one of those cheap alternative houses and just live a Bohemian existence.

But, excuse my rambling. Suffice it to say that I love Hawaii, and if Julius Peppers is giving his buddies a trip there, then it just shows that he has some heart (though not the kind some may like).

Archived