• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Superbowl Halftime Thread

Go To Girl

Ever since Janet Jackson showed her *** on the halftime show, they've found the oldest, more boring 80 year old preformers to do half-time shows now, and will forever from here on out.

It's bad when you have a 60 year old white hair balding guy trying to grab Bruce from the crowd like he's a giddy 13 year old girl.

Wake me when its done.

Did you like it better when NSync headlined the 1/2 time show?:prrr: I'll take The Boss,The Rolling Stones,Tom Petty and Prinze anyday over some gay ass boyband.I mean what the hell,I was infuriated when instink played!What true football fans listen to crappy boybands?

And he'd been a great halftime perfomer 20 years ago. I dont even watch it anymore because of the lack of relevance to todays music scene
Todays music scene(radio play)is the worse stuff I ever heard!I'd much rather listen to hasbeens than listen to braindead hip hop,whimpering,whiny wimp rock and gay ass boybands!It amuses and angers me when I hear some young moron whine that the last 5 1/2 time shows were performed by geezers!I'll take those geezers over yer sorry ass formulated crap!!:mad:

And he'd been a great halftime perfomer 20 years ago. I dont even watch it anymore because of the lack of relevance to todays music scene

The Super Bowl is a world-wide event and will always be headlined at halftime by mainstream singers known to most everyone. It is totally relevant to most of the people watching. Most people over the age of 30 don't frequent bars listening to rap, hip hop, or new age music. And the majority of adults are over 30. So the reality is Bruce is alot more relevant to most people than the majority of artists in today's so-called music scene.

Its 2009...can we get some music from the 21st century atleast?

Get with it old people.

If you are talking about bands under the radar than yes!If you are talking about popular music(radio play)of the 2000's than I will say Hell F&*king NO!!There are NO good popular 2000's bands worthy of a 1/2 time show so forget it!:mad5:Maybe Outcast,but that's it!You will have to settle for bands of yesteryear,take it or leave it!!

So a lot of people are whining about the geriatric,geezer rockers!Well I have to admit,the Stones were a bit watered down,so was Tom Petty,how about some geezers that might be able to still ROCK? KISS, Van Halen, AC/DC, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath,Motorhead(eventhough most people never heard of them),The Who,Led Zeppelin,even David Bowie would make for an interesting 1/2 time show!Some newer but under the radar stuff would be QOTSA or Ween!

Did you like it better when NSync headlined the 1/2 time show?:prrr: I'll take The Boss,The Rolling Stones,Tom Petty and Prinze anyday over some gay ass boyband.I mean what the hell,I was infuriated when instink played!What true football fans listen to crappy boybands?

The past some odd years they've only delved into the retirement community.

They could go and get anyone from "The Presidents of the United States of America," Metallica to Beyonce or Ruben Studdard. I couldn't care less as long as they don't have a pace maker and when they sing it doesn't sound like they're choking on that mornings oatmeal still.

Todays music scene(radio play)is the worse stuff I ever heard!I'd much rather listen to hasbeens than listen to braindead hip hop,whimpering,whiny wimp rock and gay ass boybands!It amuses and angers me when I hear some young moron whine that the last 5 1/2 time shows were performed by geezers!I'll take those geezers over yer sorry ass formulated crap!!:mad:

That's why it's all about classic rock and metal. That's where the talented/creative bands are at least. Hell I'm only 22, and I know music today is composed of fine young male rock bands and mainstream trash. That being said, I'm still no Springsteen fan. The only song I like of his is The Rising, which wasn't played.

Archived