• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If AJ Green is the Pick...

chknwing

Just so that we're on the same page, and so that I'm being consistent in using sources.

ESPN's Scouts, Inc. have Nick Fairley and Ndamukong Suh with the same rating.

This is my point.

Throw them in the same class and see how they rate against one another.

Do you REALLY wanna try and put Fairley on the same level as Suh?

These ratings are yearly, meaning a 95 one year could be an 86 in a different class, as has happened here..

This is my point.

Throw them in the same class and see how they rate against one another.

Do you REALLY wanna try and put Fairley on the same level as Suh?

These ratings are yearly, meaning a 95 one year could be an 86 in a different class, as has happened here..

I'm just pointing out that they happen to be ranked the same, by the same people.

Is Fairley on the same level as Suh? Probably not.

Is he on the same level as McCoy? Yes. He's probably better than McCoy.

How does reaching for an overrated WR in a weak class help our offense?

:rolleyes:Because he actually plays offense, dummy.

I agree with Highlandfire, our DL is not the best.

I'd like us to take a serious look at Nick Fairley.

We can look at him all day but they shouldn't waste a #1 overall pick on him.

:rolleyes:Because he actually plays offense, dummy.

We can look at him all day but they shouldn't waste a #1 overall pick on him.

So, reaching for an over-rated QB helps our offense, too?

You know know, let's just draft a TE #1! He'll help our offense, because he plays offense! What a novel concept!

You take a position you need, that also happens to be ranked as one of the BPAs.

Man, do you guys know how Drafting works?

Reaching for an overrated DT that provides no help to our last ranked offense.

I guess your right, that is how things have worked here in Carolina the past few years.

Reaching for an overrated DT that provides no help to our last ranked offense.

I guess your right, that is how things have worked here in Carolina the past few years.

What makes you think the guy is over-rated?

Just because you said so?

I'm guessing your day job is a scouting job for ESP - oh wait, it's not. You're posting on a forum.

What makes you think the guy is over-rated?

Just because you said so?

I'm guessing your day job is a scouting job for ESP - oh wait, it's not. You're posting on a forum.

Your right. Regardless of what the rest of the world thinks, your singular opinion that Fairley is worth the number one pick is enough to convince me. :rolleyes:

Wow, nobody can agree on who's rated what.. ESPN Scout rarely updates those rankings. I personally like Green, only because I think he has the tools to become a league leader at his position. I don't think Patterson is what everyone thought he was going to be originally. I don't think Fairley is as good as Suh, though I don't think he would be a terrible pick. And I think Quinn is > than Bowers.

Your right. Regardless of what the rest of the world thinks, your singular opinion that Fairley is worth the number one pick is enough to convince me. :rolleyes:

I was just saying what I would do. I didn't say "end-all-be-all" things, such as, "he's over-rated". I just said that I think we should get a DT, because he desperately need one.

learn2read?

And, my reasoning for taking Fairley over Green is the same as to why I would take Peterson/Amukamara over Green.

The Wide Receiver is such a dependent position, especially in consideration to either DT or CB. DTs fight in the trenches every play, and have a direct impact upon each play they are involved in.

Receivers only get plays specifically designed for them, or, if they run a perfect route and get open. The WR position relies on the QB position too heavily. (And, in case you haven't noticed, our QB situation is not the best in the league.)

So, reaching for an over-rated QB helps our offense, too?

You know know, let's just draft a TE #1! He'll help our offense, because he plays offense! What a novel concept!

The original question was how can drafting an overrated DT help our offense.

You asked how a :rolleyes: "overrated" WR would help the offense. Obviously an "overrated" WR would help since he actually plays offense. Even a TE would help more than Fairley since he would also actually play on offense.

;) Drafting a overrated DT #1 overall in a deep DT class and good DT FA makes next to no sense. When you can get the best WR prospect of the past few years to replace Smitty at the tail-end of his career and our supposedly added emphasis on the pass makes alot more sense.

The only thing that makes more sense imo is drafting Luck or trading down and neither of those is going to happen.

Archived