• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

'Band Of Brothers' Inspiration Dies At Age 92

Darth Biscuit

PHILADELPHIA — Richard "Dick" Winters, the Easy Company commander whose World War II exploits were made famous by the book and television miniseries "Band of Brothers," died last week in central Pennsylvania. He was 92.

Winters died following a several-year battle with Parkinson's Disease, longtime family friend William Jackson said Monday.

An intensely private and humble man, Winters had asked that news of his death be withheld until after his funeral, Jackson said. Winters lived in Hershey, Pa., but died in suburban Palmyra.

The men Winters led expressed their admiration for their company commander after learning of his death.

Loved 'Band of Brothers'... thought this was worth posting.

Loved 'Band of Brothers'... thought this was worth posting.

Thumbs up from me!

More and more WWII vets are dying everyday. Deemed the "Greatest Generation!" They won WWII, for better or worse, gave us Nuclear energy, computers, space exploration and a great way of life! And they did all of this with a slide rule!

My Father and I may have had our issues, but I was/am still proud that he served in WWII.

Archived