• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Moore: I would love to stay in Carolina

The Saltman

No that was saying their is a chance he sucks again. So why would a team resign him if their is a chance he could suck again? This is not jake delhome he hasn't built that kind of credit with this FO where they would look past this season transgression. He got a one year deal not a 2 year not a 3 year. Meaning he had 1 shot 2 prove himself and earn a bigger contract this year. What did he prove too get another deal?

do you know what Jake Delhomme's stats were like when he became a Panther??

Good to see you've given up on saying he sucked in the San Fran game.

You've got a point he isn't under contract so there's no guarantee he comes back, but I think you're reading too much into the kind of contract he got. you also may be forgetting that the CBA. The same one that made is cut weight and avoid FA...

you have a strange definition of crushed and seem to forget the 2 touchdowns and 308 yards he threw for. he WAS our offense.

if he hadn't made the plays he made, we would have lost. our running game had an amazing 34 carries for 76 yards.

With David Carr as their QB that team was never going too see the Endzone.

Except a dumb pass by Moore.

Do you remeber the NFCC game between the Vikes and saints. Farve had a great game but one Pass cost them the game.

Do you remeber the NFCC game between the Vikes and saints. Farve had a great game but one Pass cost them the game.

dude without Moore we would have had ZERO offense against SF. It doesn't matter if they weren't scoring. You take Moore out of that game and we lose, it's simple.

"yeah let's not take Moore back because he could end up throwing an interception in the NFCC!" that's crazy. he also played in superbowls (and won one). because he took chances. sometimes those chances bite you in the ass. other times they make you one of the greatest QBs to play the game.

When speaking about that game I have heard people say he made a bad throw, not he had a bad game. Same with Moore, he made a terrible decision but he didn't have a bad game. We could go on and on but that won't get us anywhere so I will end with this. Moore has shown potential in games, in 07 09 and at times last season. If the coaching staff feels he has more potential than the other free agents, they may bring him back as a cheap backup. That would be a reason why Moore may be brought into camp next season.

dude without Moore we would have had ZERO offense against SF. It doesn't matter if they weren't scoring. You take Moore out of that game and we lose, it's simple.

"yeah let's not take Moore back because he could end up throwing an interception in the NFCC!" that's crazy. he also played in superbowls (and won one). because he took chances. sometimes those chances bite you in the ass. other times they make you one of the greatest QBs to play the game.

I think you made a typo and put Moore instead of Favre.

There is a change any player will suck. Why should we sign any of them if that is your argument?

Again some player have bulit up credit with their teams that if they have a down year. The team will look past that. Exp (Jake Delhome, JP,)

Watch this year Carson plamer sucked this year but he has enough credit with the bengles that they will look past this year and keep him.

Moore has no such credit.

This is a new coaching staff. Credit doesn't matter much, and we have no idea what film this coaching staff will care about most. It could be they look at last year and say "There were too many problems to try to judge players from this year alone," and look into the past for ideas of performance.

I think you made a typo and put Moore instead of Favre.

No, I mean Moore. How is it an argument that because Brett Favre made a bad throw in a conference championship, we shouldn't take Matt Moore??

Favre's throw cost them the game. It was a bad throw. But he'd had a great season.

Moore's throw didn't cost us the game. It was a bad throw. But he'd had a great game... and a terrible season.

I don't see the connection and I don't see how a quarterback on another team making a mistake that cost a team a game means we should avoid Moore. It happens to everyone.

Maybe you 2 should try reading before you type.

I said he almost sucked away the game I didn't say he had a bad game.

Again I said he played in 4 games 3 bad ones and 2 he got knocked out of.

That one pass (could have) cost us the game.

you were using it to highlight his sucky season, which seemed like you were dismissing a good performance as evidence of his sucky season. I disagreed with that. It's about the only positive we had in the passing game and gave us a glimpse into what our offense might look like with our young receivers playing well.

This is a new coaching staff. Credit doesn't matter much, and we have no idea what film this coaching staff will care about most. It could be they look at last year and say "There were too many problems to try to judge players from this year alone," and look into the past for ideas of performance.

New coaching staff Same FO

No, I mean Moore. How is it an argument that because Brett Favre made a bad throw in a conference championship, we shouldn't take Matt Moore??

Just explaining how you can have a great game but one throw can cost you the game.

Favre's throw cost them the game. It was a bad throw. But he'd had a great season.

Moore's throw didn't cost us the game. It was a bad throw. But he'd had a great game... and a terrible season.

Almost sucked away the game.

I don't see the connection and I don't see how a quarterback on another team making a mistake that cost a team a game means we should avoid Moore. It happens to everyone.

You ask me how he almost sucked away the San fran game. My anwser has nothing 2 do with why he won't be signed back. What connection are you trying too make? Maybe read your own post and see how you are steering this conversation.

My bad, I misread.

do you know what Jake Delhomme's stats were like when he became a Panther??

Good to see you've given up on saying he sucked in the San Fran game.

You've got a point he isn't under contract so there's no guarantee he comes back, but I think you're reading too much into the kind of contract he got. you also may be forgetting that the CBA. The same one that made is cut weight and avoid FA...

Tyler brayton got a 2 year deal. Just saying.

If Moore wasn't on a performance based contract and they were sure he had a future here he would have gotten more then a 1 year contract. Even with the CBA.

There is a change any player will suck. Why should we sign any of them if that is your argument?

Again some player have bulit up credit with their teams that if they have a down year. The team will look past that. Exp (Jake Delhome, JP,)

Watch this year Carson plamer sucked this year but he has enough credit with the bengles that they will look past this year and keep him.

Maybe you 2 should try reading before you type.

I said he almost sucked away the game I didn't say he had a bad game.

Again I said he played in 4 games 3 bad ones and 2 he got knocked out of.

That one pass (could have) cost us the game.

I ask why we should sign any player since their is a chance they will suck and you talk about how Palmer has credit with the Bengals. How does that pertain to who we should sign? Maybe you're the one who should learn to read before you type.

I wouldn't say Moore "almost sucked away" the game based on one throw, but I guess my definition is different than yours. To each his own.

I ask why we should sign any player since their is a chance they will suck and you talk about how Palmer has credit with the Bengals. How does that pertain to who we should sign? Maybe you're the one who should learn to read before you type.

I wouldn't say Moore "almost sucked away" the game based on one throw, but I guess my definition is different than yours. To each his own.

You just started wacthing football right??:confused:

THE POINT

Some players can have a bad year and still get a contract. They have built up a good history with that team where the team will usely looked at that bad year as just a glitch and will give that player a new deal. example Jake, JP.

Moore doesn't have that kind of good faith built up.

Archived