• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Moore: I would love to stay in Carolina

The Saltman

He was given more then 7 quarters. This team's problem started in TC and preseason. He didn't do anything then either. He was getting judge then as well.

The end of 09' doesn't amount to Jake delhome taking the team 2 the superbowl. Or Pep having double digit sacks and probowls seasons before having that 2 sack season. That what I mean. Now if Matt did that for the whole 09' season he would have no problem looking for a job after the CBA is done.

He was benched after 7 quarters. That is undeniable. That is what started this whole fiasco. The team, along with Matt Moore, would have improved if the Jimmy Juice didn't taste so good to some idiots in the front office. I have no idea why it went down that way. It should have never gotten to that point.

Fair enough :lol:

Me personally? I'm not especially concerned with who you are, but I understand the desire to protect your privacy.

I understand. No one on here knows who I am but there is one poster who I've argued with quite a bit that knows a lot more about me than anyone else on here.

I don't often get in conversations with you because you seem to civil for most of my discussions.

Bottom line is most of these connections won't have an impact on Moore's future unless Chud goes back to Norv who goes to either his son or Mr. Langsdorf and they call Oregon State to get a feel about Moore, ala Hurney to Fox and Davidson to Weiss.

Could happen, just unlikely.

I believe it will simply come down to money. If Rivera sees Matt's potential and he comes for cheap again, they may resign him. If it would cost too much and the FA have better resumes they will likely go for an FA and let Matt go.

But with Rivera saying he's wanting a franchise QB, I take that to me someone that's young and be molded into one, not an old and busted FA that's in his last year. As far as youth and potential, Moore is still a good candidate for that as much as any other FA.

The difference will be the money.

What is cheap to you guys? Whitehurst, a guy that never took a snap, got 10 mil over two years. Many backup QBs make 3-4 mil a year. Too expensive or too cheap for him? If were bringing in someone to potentially start they will want more than that.

Point is money won't be an issue. If they like him I think they'll come to a 3-4 year deal in the range of 10-12 mil

What is cheap to you guys? Whitehurst, a guy that never took a snap, got 10 mil over two years. Many backup QBs make 3-4 mil a year. Too expensive or too cheap for him? If were bringing in someone to potentially start they will want more than that.

Point is money won't be an issue. If they like him I think they'll come to a 3-4 year deal in the range of 10-12 mil

I'd jump all over that for a good backup with potential.

I don't think they drop Clausen any lower than #2, more based on politics than anything. If we bring in a vet, I think Moore is gone. If not, I think we try to keep Matt and start the year Clausen/Moore/Developmental Guy (again, based on potential and politics more than anything).

Bottom line is most of these connections won't have an impact on Moore's future unless Chud goes back to Norv who goes to either his son or Mr. Langsdorf and they call Oregon State to get a feel about Moore, ala Hurney to Fox and Davidson to Weiss.

Could happen, just unlikely.

Not sure why you'd consider that unlikely.

Coaches tend to be detail guys that explore all possible options.

(as a side note, I've been accused of being numerous people) :lol:

Archived