• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Moore: I would love to stay in Carolina

The Saltman

:willy_nilly:

He said he felt pressure, not that he felt the pressure of being the starter on opening day for meaningful games and that is the reason that he played bad.

Do you see the difference?

He said he felt the pressure of expectation on him. Get it right. No matter how you spin it. What was said by local radio show host and national media came 2 be true. What would Matt do with being the Man? Well he admitted and showed on the field. poo his pants.

The context of the question was whether or not the pressure of being the starting QB got to him and he said it did...

That's not to say he can't overcome that, but the book on Moore right now is that he can't handle the pressure of being "the guy" when it counts most.

The danger with the guy like this is that he'll look good in training camp, etc and then when opening day comes he'll have another brain fart. Gus Ferotte suffered from this same condition when he was with the Skins... would play like a stud in reserve, but the minute you named him the starter he folded. It wasn't until much later in his career that he learned to handle the pressure.

One game is still a little too early to judge this. Also, I think the context of that question has become like a folk tale now and changed every time it's retold. I think it's more coincidence than anything.

Remember, up until last year, the "book on Moore" was that he wasn't good in practice and camp and that's why he never got his shot. How many books does this guy have written about him? Is he the new Harry Potter? That book got proved false, is your book false as well?

I think if 31 other teams had there choice of Moore, Clausen or Pike. That most would prefer Moore.

clausen and pike are already under contract. i don't think most of 31 teams would take a chance on moore in the situation the panthers are in. they would keep the players under contract and bring in a fresh arm or two to compete with them.

I can look at Mr. Scot's opinion objectively because I know that he doesn't have an agenda.

You, on the other hand.....And stop replying to every post I make. If you have something to say it can wait to be placed in one post. I know your eager to defend your boy, but there's no need for me to have to post so many times on a single page because you can't dare have someone talk about your homey.

Sooooooooooo you respect his opinion but even though mine is the same you don't respect mine?

Kind of childish don't you think?

He said he felt the pressure of expectation on him. Get it right. No matter how you spin it. What was said by local radio show host and national media came 2 be true. What would Matt do with being the Man? Well he admitted and showed on the field. poo his pants.

Post a link so we can "get it right"

I would take 99% of the people on this list over Moore.

At least some of them are A) Proven B) Have Potential C) Can at least manage a game without turning the ball over 3 times in the red zone.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html

The only guys that we could feasibly land and be upgrades would be Hasselbeck and maybe Bulger, but he will break after being hit the first time. Same goes for Pennington. Collins will never be a Panther again. The rest are no better than Moore. Volek might actually happen because of his history in SD.

Look I get what your saying. You think you've seen the best of Moore while others and myself disagree or would at least like to see what he could do with the new staff and scheme. I know you want to start a new, a clean slate, new era etc. But it's not like the Panthers are totally ridding themselves of the past. Their keeping Meeks, Sam Mills, and who knows what other coaches. Hurney is still here, as is Clausen. The Fox scheme was never Moore's system, it was Jake's. He should be apart of the new system as anyone else.He knows his value is low right now and would likely sign cheap. What's the downside if we bring in a veteran regardless?

Sooooooooooo you respect his opinion but even though mine is the same you don't respect mine?

Kind of childish don't you think?

No. Not at all.

This is how the world works.

People who prove themselves trustworthy gain respect.

People who scream wolf when there is none, don't.

just because pike is under contract doesnt mean shiit. The guy is a 6th round pick and most likely will not be on the roster if we have a season. you can almost bet on it.

i know that and have made that argument myself but the CBA means this offseason is different than others. it could be an extended time before any free agents sign. in the meantime coaches around the league are going to keep young players on their rosters and go from there. when the CBA is done there will be a scramble for free agents and the panthers will surely be looking for one with more of a track record than moore. they get that guy and then it's time to find a 4th quarterback for training camp and by that point it will likely be "matt who?"

Like him or not, face it, he's gone. We have a new coaching regime. Which means more than likely be a lot of roster turn over this offseason. The new coaching staff will want to bring in players they feel will better suit their systems.

That's exactly the point. Moore fit's Chud's system better than any QB on our roster.

The only guys that we could feasibly land and be upgrades would be Hasselbeck and maybe Bulger, but he will break after being hit the first time. Same goes for Pennington. Collins will never be a Panther again. The rest are no better than Moore. Volek might actually happen because of his history in SD.

Look I get what your saying. You think you've seen the best of Moore while others and myself disagree or would at least like to see what he could do with the new staff and scheme. I know you want to start a new, a clean slate, new era etc. But it's not like the Panthers are totally ridding themselves of the past. Their keeping Meeks, Sam Mills, and who knows what other coaches. Hurney is still here, as is Clausen. The Fox scheme was never Moore's system, it was Jake's. He should be apart of the new system as anyone else.

So, the whole philosophy is take a chance on a guy who might be average versus take a guy who we know is average.

Why?

Sign a Hasselbeck.

Know what your getting. And go with it.

Way better than *oh, gee I hope this works!!*

Archived