• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peter King says Peppers is DPOY

unicar15

neither a panther fan or a UNC fan, I think Peppers is a great player...but no my DPOY! Like I said, I saw him play twice, against a rookie...didn't impress me

I dont think anyone is going to dispute whether he is great or not, but he is not the best defensive player in the league. I am not sure he is in the top 5.

I dont think anyone is going to dispute whether he is great or not, but he is not the best defensive player in the league. I am not sure he is in the top 5.

thats what i dont get. For some reason, some people think if you don't think hes the DPOY, you think he sucks or somehow isn't a great player.

Troy P., Reed, Nagati(sp), Harrison, Willis, Mathews, Aso, Revis, are just a few that come to mind right away of defensive players that are better than Pep and I know there are a few more.

Now if you want to narrow if down to just DE's, then I would definetly say that he is one of if not the best. Just overall D players, I would not say he is top 5.

If you guys think Pep would have won Defensive player of the Year with the Panthers with those stats, you are insane.

It because he was a big FA and is on a good team.

Pep has had much better years here, and never sniffed the award.

The only thing I would add is that its he was traded to a BIG MARKET TEAM had the most to do with it.

I wanted to put up a thread on this a few days ago but work has been a bitch.

Basically what this shows it what many of us have complained about all along. That being on a big market team increases you're reputation and all the opportunities that come with it. Just like if Jon Beason went to Dallas he would never get probowl snubbed ever again.

With that being said I agree with some that Pep has had a good year, but looks like the exact same player to me.

And IMO if you play DE in the NFL and don't have double digit sack figures, you should not be even considered for DPOY awards.

Jamie Dukes also said pep should get DPOY and ESPN analyst I can't think of at this moment.

that guy showed up this year, and played with a non-stop motor.you do not let good players leave your team for nothing..........wait

The league compensates us with a pick. We didn't do a trade for picks or a player, but by letting him "walk" we are compensated with a pick, so it wasn't for nothing, it's just not of value until we draft the player this year.

The league compensates us with a pick. We didn't do a trade for picks or a player, but by letting him "walk" we are compensated with a pick, so it wasn't for nothing, it's just not of value until we draft the player this year.

no poo, but a 3rd rounder in the next season draft is enough compensation for a guy of his stature.man get real.

the guy is in the top 5 best d players in the league. every guy you mention gets ghost in games including troy p(coming off one of his worst games.) just like those olb in the 3-4 you have to know were he is at all times.

I don't think that Pep's habit of disappearing for games, or even stretches of the season, preclude him from being Top 5.

It is understandable that defensive players can/will disappear at times. It is not impossible for an OC to scheme away from a guy.

It is just simply that there are better defensive players in the league than Pep. There are guys that impact the game more and benefit their team more on a week to week basis than he does.

Does that mean he isn't a great player? No. Just means that he isn't the greatest.

Archived