• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Yo, Golfers

Hawk

hard to say...plus the prices for me are going to be way different than your local prices I'm assuming!! Mid range...upper mid...not sure if y'all have golf town, but they are having a pretty decent 2009 sell off on all their clubs. Been thinking either some burners or the nike victory...almost half off and their regular price here is about $1000 a set.

I'm going to be getting some new ones this spring as well. I've got Titleist DCIs that are essentially blades but technically cavity backs. Back when I was in college and playing 4-5 times a week I could hit them well, but they're too unforgiving now considering I play 2 a month sometimes.

Any kind of large sweet spot cavity backs are going to be the most forgiving. Honestly, find a store that will let you try some clubs out on the range and not one of those stupid indoor projection screens off a mat and see which ones feel best.

Get some cavity backs... mine are old but I love 'em and they're easy to hit. Definitely get fitted if you're gonna buy some.. esp. since you are 8' tall.

the ones I have are cavity backs and they were sort of semi custom...not sure why, but I went with the graphite shaft and I know I hit the ball plenty hard enough that I will certainly be upgrading to steel this time around. Think the old ones are Palmers or something...

Titelist DCI's.

Yeah I know they are old but I love 'em. I hit real consistent and they were the best lefty set when I bought them.

Mama-San got me a set of clubs last year. Ram G Force. They have thse new fangled hybrid clubs. She got them cheap because somebody I work with got shipped overseas and they are leftys.

I still have yet to bond with them. When I take them to the range, I hit consistently but my distance suffers.

I agree with Biscuit, get cavity backs. Don't get blades. And also get fitted!

I recommend TaylorMade Burners or TaylorMade R9. I've hit both, and they both have great distance, control, and are forgiving.

A friend of mine swears by his Callaway Diablos. I haven't hit them, but he loves them.

Archived