• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Players of interest / Offseason Cuts

Mr. Scot

Just found this. Didn't see him listed anywhere else.

The Cardinals may let Antonio Smith walk in free agency because second-year DE Calais Campbell is waiting in the wings.

The 50th pick overall last year, Campbell is better built at 6'8/280 to play end in the 3-4 than Smith at 6'4/280. Campbell also has more upside as a pocket pusher. Smith was solid against the run last year, but he's probably gone.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_relatednews.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2840

Better fit for the 'free agent' thread, but interesting.

Read an article where Buffalo might be interested in Greenwood. Overall he sounds like a Na'il Diggs type, but we already have Na'il Diggs.

Speaking of linebackers, this from pro Football Weekly: The Way We Hear It

We hear Falcons WLB Keith Brooking is likely to be released before Feb. 23, when sources say he's due a $1 million bonus. The Falcons' offseason plans include revamping their defense — they are looking to add speed and fresh legs to a unit that ranked 24th last season. The 33-year-old has slowed down considerably in recent years, and it appears the club is ready to replace him after 11 seasons. Brooking has a large cap figure of $8.3 million for the 2009 season and while releasing Brooking, who went to Georgia Tech before spending his entire career with the Falcons, would be an unpopular move with the team's fan base, GM Thomas Dimitroff won't bring him back unless a significant pay cut is involved. We hear Brooking still thinks he can play and will explore options with other teams if he's let go.

Hard to imagine him landing here (can't see it, really) but interesting nonetheless.

Antonio Smith is an unrestricted free agent, Cardinals Defensive end may be an odd man out if we resign Dansby. Guy has a great motor and is an up and coming stud. The cap may make him a casualty. He may be a great affordable replacement if you lose Peppers. I would hate to lose him.

Another Cardinals restricted free agent is nose tackle Gabe Watson. He fractured his knee cap on a treadmill last February and missed the first half of the season, but he is my favorite player to watch on defense, as he is a beast. He is out of Michigan and would bolster any defensive line. I sure hope we keep him.

I like Huff, but where is he gonna play? Can he play FS? He was a SS at Oakland iirc. Some safeties can play both positions, some can't.

Folks are toying with the notion of Godfrey replacing Lucas at CB.

Coubt the team would consider it, but it's an interesting notion.

I say leave him Be, He did pretty well for a rookie at the S position, Give him this next season and I don't think anyone will be disappointed that we left him at Safety.

wouldn't be as accurate as what would really happen

Lucas------------>Marshall

Marshall---------->Godfrey

Start Marshall, put Godfrey at NB.

Archived